Dunlop Qualifier (Mid-Term Report)

JINKSTER

I Love my Wife!
Donating Member
Registered
Well folks...I got exactly 3,600 out of my first 190/50/17 quali rear tire (which was worn 1/2 way through the wear bars) before spooning on a 2nd new rear qualifier...and even though i bought a "buy a rear ..get a front free" deal?...i'm NOT replacing my front quali just yet as it is approximately only 1/2 way too the wear bars...as the new front quali will go on when it's time for the 3rd rear.

Now onto the "J.M.H.O." dept.

These tires continue to amaze me...super sticky (especially for street/sport tires..the stickiest i've experienced) and superbly confidence inspiring at utterly all angles of lean with feedback that makes it seem like the contact patch is hardwired to your brain....and for bonus points?...you don't hafata concentrate to hold a straight line....like i usta hafta do with new pilot powers...though the PP's are a great tire as well with a super plush ride...they are not in the same class as the quali's as far as stick and feedback are concerned.

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

been using these Qualifiers as well gone through a couple sets on the 1000 and i think 3 rears and 2 fronts on the busa best tire i have ever had on the bike and they wear well to

3,600 miles is not enough for me. The PPs wear better and the PRs wear even better (for straight up riding) but the PPs handle very well in the twisties and last a tad longer than 3,600 miles.

Very good write up and I agree!

Between sport/street tires (PP's and Quali's), the Dunlop is far SUPERIOR. Especially at really mean lean angles, the sidewalls are very firm and don't "give" so you dont get a false feeling of losing the rear. And the Dunlops seem to last almost twice as long as a PP.

The only thing I'll buy from Michelin is the Power Race or their Slicks, which are INCREDIBLE!

All I know is the qualifiers are super sticky.
I am amazed at how they hold a line. Great tires.

I have 9500mi on my front(will be due in about 1k) and got about 7k out my first rear.No track and alot of commuting for work, a few agressive rides. Even know these are the only tires I've had on the busa with I don't think I would try another brand. +1 dunlop!!!

I just got the Qualifiers put on my 06 LE last weekend, and all I can say is WOW !! I was having problems with my bike wanting to stand up on me in turns, and someone here asked me if I had a flat spot on my rear tire...I did. So I saw on here (thanks TIMMYDUCK) the sale they had going on at Cycle gear, so I figured for a $100.00 off I'll give them a try. These tires made more of an improvement to my bike than when I put on my full exhaust, and Power comander !! Now it feels like I can actually ride in the "twisty's".

For now on the first "mod" I will do to a bike will be NEW tires !!

where are some good places to buy tires from? Im not in need right now but i will be in about a thousand miles or so and i wanna be ready to throw a new tire on when it comes time. Price is not a big deal to me, quality and performance are what im after.

ive always been a big fan of Dunlops
bike came with michelins
so far i have no complaints but still might go back to dunlops when I buy the tires

Back