Time for the track again next friday

mattd428

Registered
OK so its rematch time against my buddy on his r1 last time we went he got a 10.5 at 137 and i ran an 11.2 at 130 any good advice for gettin out of the hole faster i think my best 60' was 2.2 the bike is an 01 busa only mods are shorty exhaust and -1 +2 sprockets so it stands up fairly easily we are goin to the track in crandall (dallas raceway) if anyone wants to go

Yeah a 2.2 60ft time is Reaaaaaaaaaaal slow if you can get atleast down to 1.7 range you should be able to beat an R1.
Its all about slipping the clutch not dumping it, Slip the clutch, hand control. If you dont have it then atleast strap your front end down PROPERLY, if you dont have clutch control nor can slide it then strapping wont help much.
4500 let the clutch out slow till it creeps final stage pull the clutch back in to where you can prevent the creeping I am talking a cu^t hair. then as the light comes down roll the throttle and burn / slip the ever living chit out of your clutch till your rolling atleast 30mph and then let it release.
The goal is to tote the front wheel about 4inches as the clutch is slipping and the RPMS are screamind then wave goodbye to the R1.

gotta get some practice in cant discrace the busa twice ive been launching around 5000 or 6000 rpm do you think 4500 will help a little?

I am running an 09 busa in its stock stance STOCK as it came off the showroom floor.
I got mine down in the 1.7's the first time at the track with it. I am also heavy about 245/255 geared up.
The stock gen II busas are very difficult to launch in its stock stance. I have launched cable clutched GSXR's in the mid 1.6's in its stock form but its very hard with the buse since the clutch is either on or its off not much of a slipping gap to holeshot it.

I am not SWB; +9.5, so when the bottom yellow lights I smack WOT and throw the clutch as far away from me as I can. You don't have that option, so I suggest you launch a Gen I between 3000 - 4000 rpm. Gen II...best rpm I have found for launching is 6500.

Roll up and light the pre stage light. Then get as far forward as you can on the bike. Once you feel comfortable, find your clutch friction zone. (the point where you just barely start to grab/move) then bring your rpms up to 3k and use your feet to move the bike forward and light the bottom light. When the bottom yellow comes on (don't wait any longer) yank down to WOT and let out SLOWLY on your clutch lever. The more practice you get, the faster you can throw the clutch away. BTW, if you don't have a clutch mod, and you plan on drag racing, it is well worth the money. The OEM back torque limiter can't handle hard launches and will eventually do damage to your stock clutch!

Hope that helps....you're on a busa...go get that yamadog :rulez: :laugh:

I am not SWB; +9.5, so when the bottom yellow lights I smack WOT and throw the clutch as far away from me as I can. You don't have that option, so I suggest you launch a Gen I between 3000 - 4000 rpm. Gen II...best rpm I have found for launching is 6500.

Roll up and light the pre stage light. Then get as far forward as you can on the bike. Once you feel comfortable, find your clutch friction zone. (the point where you just barely start to grab/move) then bring your rpms up to 3k and use your feet to move the bike forward and light the bottom light. When the bottom yellow comes on (don't wait any longer) yank down to WOT and let out SLOWLY on your clutch lever. The more practice you get, the faster you can throw the clutch away. BTW, if you don't have a clutch mod, and you plan on drag racing, it is well worth the money. The OEM back torque limiter can't handle hard launches and will eventually do damage to your stock clutch!

Hope that helps....you're on a busa...go get that yamadog :rulez: :laugh:

lol YAMADOG GOIN DOWN what is the clutch mod

Clutch mod replaces the two piece back torque limiter with a one piece unit. Hard launches are NO PROBLEM with the one piece.

yank down to WOT and let out SLOWLY on your clutch lever. h:

WOT on a stock Busa isnt possible on a prepped dragstrip that is prepped with a GenII stock stance busa. Unless your 400lbs or you got a busa built on a friday before a holiday weekend.

WOT,, yeah ohhhhhhhhhh K. Dont listen to this advice or you will be picking yourself and your bike up off the dragstrip. Roll the throttle on with a stock trim bike even more so with a Busa. Geeeze wot...... yeah bounce off the rev limiter or flip it.. great advice:thumbsup: not.

:rofl::rofl::rofl: Interesting that you pay ZERO attention to CLUTCH CONTROL in my statement. WOT is ABSOLUTELY irrelevant if you're not putting the horsepower to the ground through the clutch. :moon: PAY ATTENTION or enjoy the view of an R1 walking you like a dog!

Yea, you drop the clutch at WOT and you WILL loop your junk. SLOWLY out on the clutch.

:rofl::rofl::rofl: Interesting that you pay ZERO attention to CLUTCH CONTROL in my statement. WOT is ABSOLUTELY irrelevant if you're not putting the horsepower to the ground through the clutch. :moon: PAY ATTENTION or enjoy the view of an R1 walking you like a dog!

Yea, you drop the clutch at WOT and you WILL loop your junk. SLOWLY out on the clutch.

lmao other peoples kids huh i weigh about 240 so it doesnt come up that bad but it still gets up pretty easily so im gonna have to work on some clutch control cant be havin an r1 beat me again

Back