Took the 08 to the track.

TruWrecks

Banned
I have to thank Charles and Tufbusa for their recommendations about the track. I had a blast!!!!!!!!!!

I don't have any action shots of me in action yet. The track photographer hasn't uploaded the photos yet to smugmug. I had one close call in turn 2 of Pacific Raceway. I got out of the groove and had the front tire wiggle around on me. I backed off the brakes, leaned into it more, and added some throttle. That put me back into the groove right before the exit of the turn. I rubbed my right peg feeler on the dirt inside of turd 3 a few times, then I changed my line (as recommended by a track instructor) an found that I could go through it even faster with the slightly less lean angle. It's a fun track.

Here's the track map:

pr_2002_aerial.jpg

My FF-5 helmet worked great. I spent a lot of time over 110MPH, and I didn't need ear plugs. I brought the plugs with me but decided to test the wind noise out before I used them. I went all day without and I didn't have any tinitus when I was done.

The bike all ready to go:

Busa_TrackReady1.JPG

can't wait for the pics! Looks like a neat track. would be cool to have all those trees nearby to guage speed.

you don't have to get TINNITUS to progressively damage your hearing. just anything over average slowly burns it out. I would recommend ear plugs always

Traffic going to the track was horrible so I didn't get any pics from the morning. Everything moved at a very fast pace for registration and oriantation. The 2-Fast staff was great. They took a lot of time with each rider in the class. I spent several of my "Lean Bike" sessions talking with Andy, one of the staff who races on PR often. We discussed track lines and body position extensively. I practiced what he preached and found myself going faster through every turn on the track.

A couple of the instructors followed me around the track for several laps. When I pulled off the track the first thing two of told me "You can sure handle the big bike really well". It felt great to hear that. It means I really was applying what I was learning. Turn 10 "The Bus Stop", was a challnge for my the first couple of sessions. I mostly ride sweepers. Turn 10 is very sharp and is designed to slow down the bikes before the front straight. By mid day I was dragging my peg feelers at the edge of the inside curb. I was carrying enough speed to stay in second gear.

After a day of thrashing around the track there was some tire carnage, but not much. The BT015's handled great at 30PSI front and rear. Once they warmed up, about two laps, they got pretty sticky. Anyone who thinks these tires are junk needs to lower the pressure a few pounds and try again. I was able to stick with most of the riders on smaller bike from my class.

Right side rear tire:

Right_Rear_Tire.JPG

It was a great day!  I will be doing the 2-Fast track days more this summer.  I just need to work out the PTO with work.

I will post the action shots when Studio819 has them ready.

beerchug.gif

you don't have to get TINNITUS to progressively damage your hearing.  just anything over average slowly burns it out.  I would recommend ear plugs always
I know. I already get tinitus riding any long distance without earplugs. The helmet was just so quiet it didn't bother me not having the plugs in. Riding without them was an exception. All is good.
cool.gif

Back