Ticket for stunt riding?

what state do u live in?

VA, I have never heard of a windshield minimum height here but maybe there's some fine print somewhere...just googled and the only thing it says is eye protection or windshield required, no windshield requirements located.

§ 46.2-910. Motorcyclist to wear helmets, etc.; certain sales prohibited; penalty.

A. Every person operating a motorcycle shall wear a face shield, safety glasses or goggles, or have his motorcycle equipped with safety glass or a windshield at all times while operating the vehicle, and operators and any passengers thereon shall wear protective helmets

Virginia Motorcycle Laws and Information

This one states there were some changes made in 1996 and must be approved by the snell foundation but I assume it is talking about the face shields ie tinted, colored, etc.

STATUTE:

Title 46.2. Motor Vehicles. Subtitle III. Operation. chapter 8. Regulation o fTraffic. Article 13. Motorcycles and Mopeds and All-Terrain Vehicles. Section 46.2-910. Motorcyclist to wear helmets, etc.; certain sales prohibited; penalty. :
"A. Every person operating a motorcycle shall wear a face shield, safety glasses or goggles, or have his motorcycle equipped with safety glass or a windshield at all times while operating the vehicle, and operators and any passengers thereon shall wear protective helmets. . . .
"No motorcycle operator shall use any face shield, safety glasses or goggles, or have his motorcycle equipped with safety glass or a windshield unless of a type either (i) approved by the Superintendent prior to July 1, 1996, or (ii) that meets or exceeds the standards and specifications of the Snell Memorial Foundation, the American National Standards Institute, Inc., or the federal Department of Transportation and is marked in accordance with such standards. . . ."

Virginia Motorcycle Helmet Law

Back