Ticket for stunt riding?

Sounds like when I got a ticket for no eye protection here in WI. Me and the wify was getting ready to go on a ride so I rode to the gas station (one block away in our small town of 1300) with out my helmet on. The county cop pulled me over as i approached the gas pump. Said he was getting me for eye protection. I never realized it was a law, just thought it was common sense. I always were a helmet except a few occasion as this in town @ less than 25 MPH but he insisted on not giving me a warning and gave me the 289.00 ticket. I had my sunglass on top of my ball cap but not actually on my face. What an ass he was, but talked to the DA and got it dropped. I will always fight frivolous tickets as such in your case and mine.

What bike were you on?

Reason I ask is in most states the law states either eye protection or a windshield. The windscreen on a Busa is legal and takes place of eye protection (at least the way the law reads here)

From the SVRider board when I was still active over there: An officer cited an SV'er for doing the same thing the OP was doing for, "blasting a knee". It did not hold up in Court...

You were blasting a knee. You were cited. I'm glad you're fighting it.

when you win after the verdict is handed down ask for harassment charges to be pressed on the officer for causing you distress and loss of time at work for no reason!!

Sounds to me like a multi million dollar lawsuit for mental trauma and fear of ever dragging a knee again.
'due to this one incident your honor he has totally ruined riding for me for life. I can no longer drag a knee without this terrible memory....:sniff: :cry:

sounds like a cop with a hair across his ass for motorcycles.:whistle: there are azzholes in every profession and LE is no exception. he was probably just jealous cause he couldnt pull that off without falling.

What bike were you on?

Reason I ask is in most states the law states either eye protection or a windshield. The windscreen on a Busa is legal and takes place of eye protection (at least the way the law reads here)
what state do u live in?

to be honest, the officer prob has never seen anyone operate a bike like that, prob thought it was some new stunt would be my guess, look at it from his point of view or when you first saw someone lean it heavy into a turn kinda cool wasn’t it. I would get an appointment with the prosecuting attorney and talk to him about what you were doing show him pictures
and i bet you get off without paying a dime.

Sounds to me like a multi million dollar lawsuit for mental trauma and fear of ever dragging a knee again.
'due to this one incident your honor he has totally ruined riding for me for life. I can no longer drag a knee without this terrible memory....:sniff: :cry:

when i was in hs i had a 83 trans am with a 305 with shorty headers and borla exhaust and it wasnt that loud but it was deep and sounded amazing... well i had this cop who kept pulling me over and harassing me and wrote me 4 tickets for it including the day i had it installed and the judge suspended him for continuing to write me tickets a year later i bought a 92 dakota with a 318 and had an exhaust on it that with the other work the truck was quite mean well one night it was 40 degrees and i pulled out of the gas station and the right tire spun on the gravel at the entrance and the same cop came flying out after me saying i was spinning my tires and wrote me a wreckless driving ticket... my stepdad was in the car behind me and he flipped out when the cop almost hit him to pull me over, we went to court and the cop wound up losing his job for harassing me continously harassing me for over a year. Some cops just have a stick up there ass about certain ppl.

If you had one leg on either side of the bike you would be astride. Bring a printed definition of the word astride to court, and ask the police officer under oath if you had one leg on either side of the bike. If you did, then you were astride, and case closed.

Now in reality the judge may just disregard the facts and call you guilty anyway.

What bike were you on?

I live in Wisconsin, and the A**hole cop said that the windscreen has to be above the forehead to be legal, I tried to argue with him after he gave me the ticket that I did not think Suzuki could sell a bike with an illegal windscreen but I lost to him, but at least I won with the DA. I also tried to argue the point that all the Hardley drivers have low wind screens and wear sunglasses, I asked him if stopped all of them to make sure the sun glasses were ASHTO shatter proof sunglasses, thats when he told me he rode a Hardley and knew that the sunglasses that most Hardley guys wear were the shatter proof ones. What a loooooser Hardley Cop.

Next thing.. the government will mandate a similar pressure sensor like on riding lawn mowers that shut off if you don't have you weight on it... Sorry bud. Let us know what happens.

If you had one leg on either side of the bike you would be astride. Bring a printed definition of the word astride to court, and ask the police officer under oath if you had one leg on either side of the bike. If you did, then you were astride, and case closed.

Now in reality the judge may just disregard the facts and call you guilty anyway.

Ask the officer what the definition is instead, then provide the definition if he is wrong. If he is right ask him how it was that you weren't astride.

Back