Street stunt riding – advice/expertise

SR-71

Registered
Hello everyone,

I decided to buy a 03 – 06 Kawasaki 636 and set it up for stunting

I'd like to start a conversation with those who may have firsthand knowledge or experience concerning Street stunt riding

I could use a little advice on how to properly set up the bike… And of course, a few miscellaneous questions

Therefore, I am requesting help and expertise to get me started in the right direction

Thank you, for the helpful and kind suggestions in advance

Yours truly,

SR 71

What do you want to know?
I know a little.
I know you need a catch can on that 636.
When you get them up to 11 and near 12 o'clock, they pour oil out of the valve cover, emissions.
Basically, you need a hose into a can, to catch the oil.
I found that out after about an 1/8th mile near 12 wheelie, I thought I blew the motor, in front of my buddy, lol, his bike.
Bike went up in smoke, oil on pipe, tire, road.
So, I held it another 1/8th
I figured if I was gonna buy it, I'get my money's worth.
Bike was fine, I found all this out after, trying to figure out what happened.

My fried has the same bike for stunt. The rear is 60 tooth ( if not using it for street) front sprocket is 13 . He removed the brake box and got a decent dual caliper bracket. Power stunt works cage etc. I learn to do some insane wheelies on that bike :super:

Passenger stunt pegs are a good idea too.
Friend of mine has them on his 09 gsxr1k.
They are a solid bracket with both pegs on it, 3"-4" tubing.
Much more stable to stand on, and you don't have to worry about the stock pegs folding.
He also has the passenger seat foam and pan cut to get a foot in it.
As well as crash bars on each fairing and dirt bike handlebars.
I think he settled on 54 teeth for the rear sprocket, which is still very streetable on a 1k, a 636, not so much.
The big rear sprocket is more to make slow and circle wheelies easier. You'll also need to air down to 5-8 psi in the rear tire if you want to learn circles. Bigger and wider contact patch makes for more control.
You'll want a small compressor if you plan on riding to a stunt spot too, to air back up, as you don't want to run a tire lower than around 30ish psi on the street.
Low speed stunting is not as big a deal for road rash, but you'll still want good gear.
Helmet, gloves, boots, and Knee Pads!
A short fall landing on a bare knee, and you can be in trouble quick, on a fall you otherwise would've walked away from.

Hello everyone,

A special thanks to sixpack577, & Jose J Ortega for taking their time and energy to answer a few of my questions

Sorry wasn't able to get back earlier but it's been a little crazy for me…

With either of your permissions may I contact you via pm so I may pick your brain a little further?

Best regards,

SR 71

Back