Beat the ticket

Chromed-n-Stretched

Donating Member
Registered
You all might remember my ticket i received for having my blue LEDs on at my local bike night hang out. $90.00 but i went to court this morning and it was dismissed by the judge. i gave a nice little smile to the officer as i walked free from the court room.

poke.gif

You gotta give us the full scoop! I have blue LED's. Were you on the street?What was the ticket for? Why was it dismissed?
argue.gif
Do tell.

Sweet glad you beat the ticket Bro. No Disrespect to the LEO's on the Board but this was a sorry ticket to get in the first place at the local bike night hang out what kind of garbage is that giving a ticket to a guy that was parked at bike night with his LED's on?

i pulled in the parking lot (LEDs off) put my kickstand down, turned on my leds and started to get off the bike. he sited me for improped display of blue lights. took it to court, told the judge i was in a desinated show parking area that was coned in and he ask the officer if this was true, he replied yes, and the judge dismissed it. just like that. the officer had to have been pissed off. it litterally took 2 mins to dismiss my case.

sorry to any officers on here, but that was pretty crappy to write me for that. I even told the officer my dad and brother were both officers too. only a trooper writes tickets to other officers families.

(Chromed-n-Stretched @ May 30 2007,16:03)
(proud dad @ May 30 2007,13:02) was you parked we he ticketed you?
Yes, in a designated motorcycle show parking lot.  thats how i beat it.
that was a waiste of ink to write the ticket,and a waiste of paper to put the waisted ink on
cool.gif

why can't just some cops do their job right,and not waiste people's time
rock.gif

(proud dad @ May 30 2007,13:14)
that was a waiste of ink to write the ticket,and a waiste of paper to put the waisted ink on
cool.gif

rock.gif
not to mention a waste of my time and money having to ride the metrorail train 40 mins away from home.
guns.gif
troopers

(Chromed-n-Stretched @ May 30 2007,16:16)
(proud dad @ May 30 2007,13:14)
cool.gif

rock.gif
not to mention a waste of my time and money having to ride the metrorail train 40 mins away from home.
guns.gif
 troopers
that's just BS
mad.gif

GLAD IT WORKED OUT
super.gif

Heck,,, up here at the Jax Ale house the Leo's won't even write a ticket for the people parking their bikes in the handicap spots.. Now that aggravates the heck out of me
guns.gif
...unless you have a sticker don't park there, and probably some with the sticker shouldn't have them as well !!!

beerchug.gif
It sounds like the SHOW lot was key to getting it dismissed. It doesn't sound like it would be advisable to park in a regular parking lot (i.e. Hooters) with blue LEDs. Is that the feeling you got?

i was told by the same trooper that if i would have just turned off the bike first it would have been ok. so im not really sure, im pretty sure that as long as you are not riding you'll be ok.
beerchug.gif

You know it's a$$holes like that that give all LEO's a bad name. True I'm just a MP But I'm also registered as a Texas LEO from my time at hood and will soon be certified here on island. AS biker and cop I hate guys that nitpick like that you parked or not you were clearly in a parking lot. I mean it surely was obviously bike night there. this guy was just being a dic& and that ticket would never hold up in court.

Glad you beat it.
beerchug.gif
Now how about a pic of your bike with lights on? Very sweet ride!
super.gif

Back