Throwing in the towel....Advice appreciated

mehogfan

Registered
Good morning my friends. First off I want you guys to know I am very thankful for this site. It has been a great help for me along the way. Wonderful resource of information. Additionally there are some great folks on here who were also more than happy to lend a hand. Now on to my problem. I purchased my Busa in early 2011. It did not run and was delivered in boxes. I was given the normal run around about the title will be available in the next week or so...yada,yada,yada, (I bet you can see where this is heading). Once I had a police buddy of mine run for theft and it was clean I figured since I got such a good deal It would be worth it regardless if I ever get title. Fast forward to today. I consider my bike to be pretty nice. Especially considering I am not as much of a gearhead as alot of you guys. It was an accoplishment for me to take my box of parts and turn it into the bike I have. So now I have this bike that I have a major attachement too. (I know it sounds crazy) AND no title. The person I purchased the bike from is no where to be found. I started the process of trying to get a title. Well in typical fashion there is a lien on the bike. If I would have known this on the front end I would have called the bank and just said "hey I bought a box of parts for xyz, do you want them back for xyz". Been no sweat. Well now I have a bike that I bought and I have invested a ton of money into it over time. I was a little dumb in the first place for buying it without having my ducks in a row. No need to blast me. I get it. I just figured if push come to shove I could always part it out or sale for non highway use. I even called the lein holder and tried to feel them out. Since the debt to them is 3 years old. Was hoping to maybe pay them something to release the lien. Abviously having to do this tip toeing around since I do not want these folks showing up at my place taking this bike. They could care less. did not want to work with me at all.

I really do not want to part this bike out and sale it like that. I just do not have the time to do so. I would rather sale it as it sits for less money and have somebody else deal with all that. My question to you guys is now that I am aware of the lien, etc. can I legally sale it for "non highway" use? I will call the bank and tell em to come get it before I do anything against the law. I also will be upfront with anybody I sale it to about the lien and the circumstances surrounding it.

What would you do in my situation? Thanks in advance.

What would I do? I'd learn to drag race, and get yourself a trailer. Done... :beerchug:

WOW, sorry to hear that :banghead:...i would find a frame with a good title an transfer everything over to the good frame...:thumbsup:

Sorry to hear about this.I would find a clean titled frame from a vendor that parts these bikes out, then just reassemble it.Then give the old frame that has the lein on it to the bank and be done.Its a ****ty way to do it, but at least you would have a title and your time and sweat isnt all lost.

Buy another frame, with a Clean title, or a rebuild able title!

But now that the bank that has the lien, are they trying to get the bike from you?

Is so put it back in boxes quickly!

No they are not activly looking for the bike from me. They have no idea who I am or where I am located. I considered swapping frames but finding a clean frame that is fairly inexpensive is hard to find. Considering my situation I am skeptical about investing anymore money into the bike. I might end up doing this. It is one of the options I am looking into to. If the right one come along I would buy it and start that process.

Screw the bank if they dont want to work with you.I know its not right but they will go after the other guy since the lien is in his name.New frame and be done.

That sucks. I would call the bank again and let them know you are going to switch out the frame or they can work with you. Also check with a Lawyer to see if you can.

Screw the bank if they dont want to work with you.I know its not right but they will go after the other guy since the lien is in his name.New frame and be done.

Why on Earth is this the banks fault? The bank didn't default on the loan....

I'd talk to an attorney and don't do anything to compound the problem until I did.

"Let the buyer beware"...and "if it looks too good to be true, it probably is".....

You may have just paid some Stupid tax....

I know you don't want to strip it back down, but the way I see it is boxes of parts don't go with the frame. If you got it in boxes then the only thing the bank has an enforceable lein on is the frame (unless they find it all in one piece).

The seller could have gotten the rest of the parts off any bike.

How much is lien balance?

If its not too much satisfy it and get your title.

i have to agree here. the right thing to do is pay off the lien. there was a time when i would have stripped it down, gotten a new frame. but... for me those days are past.

Not wanting to sink anymore money into it. Frame, legal advice, etc. all cost money. Although they are all great opinions and one that I very well might end up doing. Leaning towards the frame swap. Just have to find one for the right price. Kinda do not have much of a choice.

Back