Throttle Body Sync for DUMMIES

MikeSomething

Registered
Ok, I did the search, read "Jinxster's" and other write ups...
What the hell do you do w/ the IAT sensor (Green Harness)?!?!?
Can someone do an even more simplified write up and better pics of the hose routes, please! And also tell me what the hell to do now that I have air bubbles in my freaking Syncing tool?!?! Thanks...as always.

i wish i could help. this is something i have never done and need to do. someone should chime in soon. i think a lot of the members are out of town so be patient although i know that is tuff\
good luck

so be patient although i know that is tuff\
good luck
Man, the crap I just went through, I'm honestly about to crack the stupid tool in half and walk into a bike store like a jackazz and pay them to do it. It's getting to be too frustrating... all these "Easy" and "Wonderful" mods and maintence things that I wanna rip my hair out everytime I attempt...

Man, the crap I just went through, I'm honestly about to crack the stupid tool in half and walk into a bike store like a jackazz and pay them to do it. It's getting to be too frustrating... all these "Easy" and "Wonderful" mods and maintence things that I wanna rip my hair out everytime I attempt...

i wish i didn't know your pain but I do. just get away from it for a little while if you can. i have had tons of trouble with what seems like the simplist mods. and it is even more frustrating when you get on the .org and see others sayin 'easiest mod ever' and 'i finished the mod b4 i finished my 6 pack'. just hang in there bro. maybe clean up your work area and keep reading. u will find and info u need soon and it will all click. then the finished job will be that much more satisfying

i wish i didn't know your pain but I do. just get away from it for a little while if you can. i have had tons of trouble with what seems like the simplist mods. and it is even more frustrating when you get on the .org and see others sayin 'easiest mod ever' and 'i finished the mod b4 i finished my 6 pack'. just hang in there bro. maybe clean up your work area and keep reading. u will find and info u need soon and it will all click. then the finished job will be that much more satisfying
Thanks man... tryin... :beerchug:

Yea... The IAP and IAT sensors got me confused. The "Motion Pro CarbTune Pro" kit I got didn't include some restrictor adapters that you put at the ends of the vacuum hoses and pretty much made me suck in most of the "NonToxic" fluid into my engine. So I removed the kit and reinstalled everything back to stock, dropped the tank, and bolted on the seat, and now my bike won't start, prob did something wrong w/ the stock vacuum lines, but I'm waaaaaaaay to pissed right now, I'm gonna stay away from my bike for awhile.

I just did this with the same tool. I had the same problems as you are having just add that when I would barely move the screws the engine speed would change then I had to start all over. It takes a lot of patients.
I think I finally got it close, as far as the air bubbles I unhooked everything and resynced the motion pro sync tool.
The IAT sensor I am guessing it the one on the airbox, I kept it hooked up.

I hope someone brings some pics up soon as I would like to try this again, I hope this helped man and good luck

The restrictor things are the little gold things above the hoses in a little bag in the packaging

Last edited:
The restrictor things are the little gold things above the hoses in a little bag in the packaging
Yea, I didn't get those in the package, and to top it off, I managed to strip all four adjuster screws while backing them out all the way. What a piece of junk. Before hand I tried to order the "Morgan CarbTune 2" or whatever, but because of the Volcano, they couldn't ship it to me from overseas. Now I'm just sitting here waiting for a train to come through my living room and put me outta my misery.

What screws did you strip out? Backing the throttle adjuster screws all out was a bad move, they may not be stripped though. You may have to bump up the idle speed screw in order to get it to start now. If you need a pic of the vacuum line routing I'm sure we can help.

You can get replacement restrictors from pretty much any auto parts store, in the help section.

What screws did you strip out? Backing the throttle adjuster screws all out was a bad move.
I'm sorry man, no, I was talking about the adjuster screws on the tool itself to calibrate it. If you back them all the way out, it'll insure the fluid to not get sucked into the motor by reducing the vacuum pressure inside the tubes. They're those flimsy super-small flathead screws.

Last edited:
Gotcha. There has to be a member in your area with a throttle sync tool that can help out. The mercury versions are much better, but also horribly toxic and can ruin the engine if it gets ingested.

As long as the sensors are plugged in, it should start. When I synched mine I disconnected the IAT and let it dangle near the frame, and the map sensor as well.

Back