Throttle body Sync

wildone

Registered
I've seen Jinkster's thread on syncing the throttle bodies and was wondering on a '07 busa what do you do with the vacuum hose? I saw where he put in on the "nipple" on #4 throttle body (left nipple) but do you do that w/ a '07 also? Also, do you still keep the IAT (I think that's what is) hooked up? (it's the one w/the big b-nut underneath the left side of the airbox. I plan on doing my own sync (finally got the motionpro manometer) $72.00 from Cycle Gear. I just don't want to mess anything up and the dealers charge so much around here in San Antonio, Tx. Thanks ahead for any advice/help.

Good on ya for doing it yourself.

The hoses should all be the same. If you have a CA bike, your throttle bodies may be different.

After you remove the IAT from the airbox, plug it back in and let it hang outside the frame while you do the synch.

Hope that helps. Any other questions, blaze away at 'em! If you need to post pics, they could help somewhat.

--Wag--

Thanks, Wag! I am good for the IAT sensor to reconnect and let it hang on the frame but I am perplexed what to do with the vacuum sensor hose that is hooked into the electrical connector on the back of the airbox. It is '07 busa and non-California model. Stock bike. Jinkster's thread shows his PAIR is capped off (probably because of mods) and he connects his vacuum line to the #4 throttle body when he does his sync. What do I do? Same thing? Cap off my PAIR line? or leave it connected to the #4 throttle body?

That device is the IAP sensor, I believe. If you trace it to the hoses going up to the throttle bodies, you'll find that they are the very hoses you're disconnecting and replacing with the hoses to your synch tool.

Just leave it hanging and remember to reconnect it when you're done.

Here's the thread with photos of how I did mind. Disregard the parts which you don't have on your bike and you're good to go. Everything else works exactly the same. You'll see the I route the hoses a bit differently than Jinkster does but either will work just as well.

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/main...synch-throttle-bodies-03-busa.html#post517889

--Wag--

P.S. The first time you synch up, take your time setting up. You're going to save a tone of money by not letting the shop do this for you!

--Wag--

Also, I've found on the CA. emissions package that it helps to disconnect those pesky vacuum hoses that go to the vacuum cannister, just plug them for the interim, and you'll get them synched a whole lot faster ! They're the four vacuum lines that are "above" the throttle butterfly's, then connect the hoses as in Jink's post and tune away !!! :super: Keep the IAP sensor plugged in and just hang the airbox along the side of the engine. It's part of the closed-loop......

Back