This is a Sad Day !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bosshound

Donating Member
Registered
My 2 Youngest Grandaughters were taken from My irresponsible Step Daughter Yesterday by The CPS (Child Protective Service)...........:down:

Now they are Ward of the Great State of California :banghead:

You know you try, and you try, and you try to Help someone get responsible and Teach them about life............and the Children Pay in the End. :wtf:

I was'nt sure about Posting this on the ORG but I am....................

Just send some Prayers if Ya Can :please:

She goes to court on Friday and Me and the Wife are going to Try to Petition the Court for FULL Custody of these Kids....... The only problem is that I have a Past and that Might Get in the Way....:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Thanks ORG

I have never ever EVER had a good experience with CPS workers or their ridiculous system. Do what you can to get the kids out of their control as soon as possible. Their charge against the kids mother may have merit for their removal but beyond that, CPS doesn't know their azz from their face. Hopefully your 'past' is old and not too serious because the court does try to keep kids with family members as long as their competence can be measured. Good luck!

It's all Misdameanor **** but were talkin about 15 years ago...............One recent (5 Years Ago) in RENO but No charges were filed :dunno:

I know it must be killing you thinking about your Grand kids, my prayers are with you, hang in there. God has sent his Angels to watch over and protect them.

I know it must be killing you thinking about your Grand kids, my prayers are with you, hang in there. God has sent his Angels to watch over and protect them.

Just the thought of them with Total Strangers who are supposed to be takin care of them. I know they are Confused and Scared. Lookin for a Familiar Face to make the Comfortable.............THIS SUCKS SOO BAD :banghead::banghead: YES IT'S KILLING ME !!!!!!!!!!

Very sorry to hear that Robert. Glad your stepping in, get them out of CPS custody ASAP. I'm here for ya brother, whatever I can do, you got it.

Look in the yellow pages under attorney/lawyer referral services. You can speak to a professional in that area on a consultation basis for less than $100. Explain your situation and see what he/she says. If you're really serious about possibly being granted full legal and physical custody of them, maybe for a long period, it would also be worth it to have an attorney represent you at the hearing. Oh, forget about your past. If its that old and or 'unfiled and out of state' it won't come into play. There isn't anyone going to challenge your rights as grandparents is there?

Look in the yellow pages under attorney/lawyer referral services. You can speak to a professional in that area on a consultation basis for less than $100. Explain your situation and see what he/she says. If you're really serious about possibly being granted full legal and physical custody of them, maybe for a long period, it would also be worth it to have an attorney represent you at the hearing. Oh, forget about your past. If its that old and or 'unfiled and out of state' it won't come into play. There isn't anyone going to challenge your rights as grandparents is there?

No. As a matter of fact. We are the Only Ones in the Family that have Steady Income............My Wife's Oldest Daughter (Responsible One) has been WANTING us to take this step a long time ago...........

You would think they would contact thier relatives before putting them in the care of strangers. Get in touch with the proper Authorities and get your Grand babies.

Stay strong and do the right thing now and your past will likely not matter so much. However, an attorney's advice would be worth a ton to you and to your grandkids. Make sure you don't disarm yourself by going to court without that advice.

My heart is with you. I hope beyond all hope that this will work out to yours and your grandkids' benefit.

(hugs)

--Wag--

Hits home with me.
I don't know how I would make out if my grandkids were taken away.
Happened once for a brief time.
Prayers to you.
Best of luck.

If there's anything I can do, PM me. It goes straight to my phone so I get it nearly immediately. Just send me a PM with your phone # and I'll call.

If you need a ear to listen or a sympathetic voice, let me know. My wife is a child therapist for Solano county. She knows how the system works but has no influence in Sacto. I'll talk to her in the a.m. about any options she knows of.

Back