thinking of buying sv becuase the busa insur

ssS10

Registered
hey guys i looked threw this board and would like to applaud you guys on a very informative board. i am in the market of buying a new bike but i am 19 and insurance doesnt favor me lol. so i am looking at a sv1000. but i want a busa, my dad has one and i drive it when he isnt on it. any one here know anything about the sv1000? if it comes down to it i will get the busa and grab my ankles for the insurance guy. any help is thankful.

Lots of people have State Farm (as do I) very reasonable, but seems like only if you have other autos with them.

Do a search for insurance. There are a number of threads relating to it.

Good luck!
biggrin.gif

If it was easy and cheap everyone would have a busa in their garage. I'm happy to save a little longer, finance a little more, pay higher insurance premiums. If that what it takes to have the best/ SO BE IT!!! Sacrifce... This message will explode in 5 seconds...

You'll be soooooo much happier with a Busa..........especially since you've already ridden one.
Yer spoiled for life now.......nothing else will suffice.

You may have allready, but I say shop around... are you financing the bike or payin cash? It's sad but in todays world it is sometimes better and cheaper to have liability only on something worth about $10K. I own my bike and pay for liability and comp for theft or vandelism. Progressive says they will also cover me if I hit an animal. ( mixed emotions good & bad ...
rock.gif
  )  But no collision if I wreck and it's my own dumbass fault then I eat it. ( in 2 ways
wow.gif
 )  Anyway total coverage was $1600 per year but the way I have now is only under $300.
Shop around though there are some deals out there. Progressive, McGraw, CheapInsurance.com   ...  Good luck!

Oh and the SV is like the old TL but diff styling and ergonomics, nice ride but I dont like Vtwins.

<!--EDIT|Hawaiibusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1078500927 -->

I have a busa AND an SV1000S (well la-te-da!). For the same reason (insurance), the busa is destined to be a 1/4 mile track-only bike, won't even be street legal - got my race fairings a couple days ago
biggrin.gif

Back to the point. If I could afford the insurance, I'd buy a 2nd busa for the street. But I can't, and am perfectly happy railing around on the SV. Defintely a good 2nd choice, in my opinion.

Shop around for insurance.  Depends how bad you want a Busa or how bad you just want a bike.  If you can't afford a Busa don't push it.  Hey a want the new Buggati, but I can not afford the insurance or the car.  
biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|Ninja Eater
Reason for Edit: None given...|1078501220 -->

what they said....it's up to you if you want to take a shafting by the insurance people. Just be willing to live with your decision. If you love the Busa that much, then you won't lose out....if you don't love it that much to take a monthly shafting from your insurance company....then get the SV1000.

The SV1000 is a "fun-factor" bike. Sounds like fun, looks like fun, rides like fun. Heck, start off on that SV1000...and every now and then take a ride on Daddy's Busa. Then yer gonna know what you missin out on.

biggrin.gif

The Busa is king, but let me tell you the SV1000 is a sweet ride, especially for throwing around in the twisties and just riding around town and such.

My local dealer has a left over that he is giving away but I can't afford two bikes right now. Too bad. Get the busa if you can, if not, get the SV and be happy. When you get older get a Busa, plus who knows what models or updates are around the corner, you might fall into the right time for a Busa replacement (gasp oooh aahh!).

<!--EDIT|EAKbusa
Reason for Edit: "can't spell - type too fast"|1078501500 -->

thanksguys. i can get the busa for 9756 out the door taxes and tags. and the sv is a 2003 but still in the crate and its the copper colored one that i want. i can get the sv for 7000 even out the door taxes tags. i am trading a 2003 kawasaki kfx400 with some goodies. i would keep the atv and get the motorcycle but i cant afford both payents. so the guys at the suzuki place are going to let me trade the quad for the bike. the offerd 3800 for the quad and all i owe is 4200 so the sum is going to bike. but they ran one of those check thingie's and i can get my pipes financed in with the bike along with the added sum with payments under 200 bucks.thats pretty much the only way i can get a bike i dont have anything in my name so i have no credit, and i cant take out a loan, but the guys at the suzuki shop said the could get me on a bike with small payments ans small intrest rate?? does this sound like the way to go? oh and again thanks guys

I found the insurance to be very reasonable from Progessive

most online insurance doesnt check to see if you are married or a homeowner which makes it cheaper ;)

Insurance collision coverage is the lion's share of insurance cost. If you finance the bike, be required to have it until it's payed off. After the loan is payed, you own 100% you'll have option of insurance without collision coverage. But run risk having to pay for your own repairs.
Heh best way is Buy it out right, don't get in an accident. Carry Liability, aim for the Pedestrains and not the cars
biggrin.gif

State Farm was by far the best ins for me! 400 per year. progressive 1800 per year! Good luck on your decision!

I'll toss in my opinion since i've been struggling with the insurance a bit myself. I think that progressive or state farm are good choices however the busa is a very tough bike to get insurance for. I personally claimed an auto accident a year and a half ago and learned a very valuable lesson from it. The accident was my own fault, i didn't get a ticket nor did it do damage to anyone else's car but my own, in desperation i called my insurance co. (geico) and told them the scenario. After the discussion i chose to claim it instead of pay since geico's rep said it wouldn’t affect my policy much since i had a perfect record. Well what he said was true of his company, however attempting to get motorcycle insurance now, with an accident and the busa is pretty rough. I'm going to end up going with geico since they can get me the best rate, a cool $2200 a year. Seeing's as how i financed a mere 8k in fewer than 4 years i will have bought geico a new bike... However it's much more important to me to have it and ride than taking it up the rear, the other thing that i have in my favor is a year from now i hit that golden 25yr old mark. At 19 as the other guys have been saying it's your choice but i would add to look at your record, and look at how long you will most likely be subject to very high rates. Wish you the best!

It's my understanding that if you can get Suzuki to carry the paper they do not require full coverage.  I just have liability one my Busa $62 per year - you don't have to not wreck/have bike stolen for very many years to come out way ahead on that deal (as long as you have health insurance).  In florida you are not required to carry any insurance at all, but that would really be over the top
wink.gif

<!--EDIT|Let 'er eat!
Reason for Edit: "added bit about health insurance"|1078534833 -->

does anyone know of an online issurance company i can get quotes from? especially in north carolina!!!!!!!!!!! i have checked out the ass for insurance quotes in nc and its not working out to good. anyhelp would be awesome. if i can get the insurance info i can have the busa as soon as monday,if cheap enough. but if i get the sv you guys wont dis-own me right?
rock.gif

Back