Thinking of buying a car, thoughts?

LeDauz

Registered
ok, I decided it might be time to get a car besides the one i got now( that costs less then my racing suit :rofl: ). seriouly my suit cost more then my car now.

my thoughts are down to

Both are in my price range, since the mustang is old and not that high and the Z06 doesn't hold value.

and if it makes any difference Am not parting ways with my busa Ford Mustang SVT cobra 2003-2004 or Chevrolet corvette z06 c5

The Z06 model replaced the FRC model as the highest performance C5 Corvette. Instead of a heavier double-overhead cam engine like the ZR-1 of the C4 generation, the Z06 used an LS6, a 385 bhp (287 kW) derivative of the standard LS1 engine. Using the much more rigid fixed roof design allowed the Z06 unprecedented handling thanks to upgraded brakes and much less body flex. Those characteristics, along with the use of exotic materials such as a titanium exhaust system and a carbon fiber hood in the 2004 model year, led to further weight savings and therefore performance gains for the C5 Z06. The LS6 was later upgraded to 405 bhp (302 kW) for 2002-2004. Although the Z06's rated power output equal to that of the C4 ZR-1, the improved rigidity, suspension, brakes, and reduced weight of the C5 produced a car much quicker than C4 ZR-1.

Debuting in early 2002, the 2003 Cobra, codenamed "Terminator" by the SVT development crew, and quickly fell into common usage for the 2003/04 Cobra, came with a supercharged 4.6 L DOHC engine.Numerous improvements were made to the powertrain and driveline to handle the increase from the previous model year. A cast iron block was used instead of aluminum, with stronger internals, including forged Zolner pistons and Manley H-beam connecting rods that were modified with a wrist pin oiling hole by the SVT engine builders. These upgrades were critical in order to support the 8 psi (0.55 bar) of boost delivered from the stock Eaton M112 roots supercharger. Other improvements include the use of an aluminium flywheel connected to a Tremec T-56 six-speed transmission, 3.55:1 rear axle ratio and stronger 31 spline half shafts with revised upper and lower control arms. These modifications launched the Cobra from 0-60 mph in 4.5 seconds and the quarter mile in the high 12's at over 110 mph (180 km/h). Some have gone as low as 12.4 seconds with a professional driver and good conditions in stock form.

Although many believe there was no 2002 Cobra, there was a very small release. There were only about 100 vehicles built, and they were all shipped to Australia. Other changes included additional lights in the lower bumper, and the steering wheel was moved to the right side of the car. 2002 Mustang Cobra

For 2003, SVT offered a limited-edition Tenth Anniversary Cobra which featured unique color paint scheme, split seven spoke gunmetal wheels, and red leather inserts in the seats.

The 2004 Cobra was much the same as the 2003 Cobra with a few minor updates, including new paint color options (Screaming Yellow, Competition Orange and Mystichrome, which featured seats with custom colored inserts), a slightly updated exhaust system, which helped to eliminate the Gas Guzzler Tax that the 2003 suffered, as well as some minor interior changes.

A definitive history of this model and John Coletti's SVT operations was captured in the non-fiction book Iron Fist, Lead Foot by John Moriarty.

the quotes are from wiki so I take it with grain of salt

any opinions will be welcomed, dont really know any of with any experince with these so best to ask

Nice choices, both cars are nice, I guess I take the...Hmmm...this is hard...I cant decided...ok the corvette.
Im sure this is going to turn into the ford vs chevy guys war. :laugh:

Im just wondering what car are you driving now? or what kind of racing suit you wear?:rofl:

What do ya like?

2brosBusa had a gorgeous C6Z06, which he got rid of to get a GT500. I asked him why, he said he just loved the Mustang, or something to that effect.

Bow-tie or Blue Oval, choose a SIDE!!:laugh:

Well everyone and their father has a C5 or C6 Z06 here in SoCal. Terminators are much more clean and personal I believe. I am neither partial to either brand. I would vote for the Mustang though. Nothing better than some whine to start everyday off with either! :thumbsup:

damn dirty cager!!!! lol... personaly....neither... clasic mustang or newer shelbys.

white terminator, with black wheels, deep tinted windows and blacked out tails. oh, and a kb blower.

Will this car be a daily driver/regular use or a weekend toy (to be modded for more hp/tq...of course)? I like both but leaning towards the Terminator because at least here in SoCal, way too many Vettes.

that being said, a vette with the same mods would be pretty sweet too, and much lighter. i've heard Z06's kinda suck in the comfort department. is that true?

z06's are identical to regular vettes inside. they are super comfy and well laid out. The only difficulty ever was egress. Long doors and low height made it an acrobatic feat that didn't work at all in tight spaces.

way too many Vettes.

Versus Mustangs..:rofl::rofl: seems like everyone and their baby brother has a mustang. But if you are looking for something you can pick up pretty reasonable, that is light and can be made to go fast pretty easily and cheap then get the mustang. I've seen a couple new Shelby's that do look nice though. But the way the market is now you can pick up a C5Z 02-up at a good deal throw you a few bucks under the hood and end up with a lot more car than the stang. Of course I'm a little partial to the Z and I'm sure the ford guys will argue in opposite direction :whistle:
As far as C5 vs C6, c6 is more refined but I think C5 offers you more bang for the buck.
Just pick whichever one makes you feel as if you walked into the garage and Shania Twain was sitting on your busa asking if "you want to give me a ride?" :laugh:

Im just wondering what car are you driving now? or what kind of racing suit you wear?
Some kind of toyota (only when there is snow so about 10-20 days per year)
racing suit is for the drag strip on the busa

damn dirty cager!!!! lol... personaly....neither... clasic mustang or newer shelbys.
dirty cager is right but would like to have something when taking a girl on a date because "oh my hair will get messed up blah blah" grinds my nerves

and clasic was given a thought but I wouldn't want to rack up miles on a classic, gana be kinda a daily driver for places/times I would rather not take the busa

Will this car be a daily driver/regular use or a weekend toy (to be modded for more hp/tq...of course)? I like both but leaning towards the Terminator because at least here in SoCal, way too many Vettes
some what of a daily driver to get better at driving a car(kinda gives off how much I ride vs drive:rofl:)
probly wont do much moding maybe some things exhaust, headers, but nothing big

Just pick whichever one makes you feel as if you walked into the garage and Shania Twain was sitting on your busa asking if "you want to give me a ride?"
that would be a dodge viper gts with lots twin turbos which is way way out of the price range for now, but I like your train of thought

I also think you have to be 60+ to own a corvette or so we have seen.... It's an old man's sports car :laugh:

I also think you have to be 60+ to own a corvette or so we have seen.... It's an old man's sports car :laugh:
218729d1304181829-hey-yall-have-got-read-they-talking-about-jet-lis-lotus-vette-forum-imagejpeg_2_7.jpg

I can only speak from personal experience.. I owned a 2002 C5 Z06 for about a year and had to get rid of it.. it's just not fun as a daily driver.. the clutch is waaaaay to stiff and the ride is rough... but man o man was it fun and a good way to pick up women :thumbsup: . The only Z06's worth getting in the C5 form is the 2002 and later. These came with the 405hp LS6 motor and better suspension. The one issue you will have with both is replacement parts.. you'll need a small mint to keep them running..to replace the REAR tires only on mine was almost $1000... and they only last about 15K if you're lucky.

On the upside either car is TONS O FUN!

oh and my stock Z06 would eat a slightly modded Cobra any day of the week.. I've done it.. the aero dynamics and light weight of the vette give it the edge over the stang. Not trying to start anything but it's the way it is.

Lets face it not to many sport cars have more sport in it than a Busa anyway you will find all their performance lacking.:laugh:

Back