Thinking of buying a car, thoughts?

I also think you have to be 60+ to own a corvette or so we have seen.... It's an old man's sports car
this is the exact reason why its in the price range, if i pick corvette am hitting up the estate sales:laugh: am a bad boy i know but someone needs to drive them to their limits

did some looking around on the tires cost for corvette z06 c5 2002-2004 the rear tires ranged from 300-400 ea and about 230-280 ea on the front

I dont consider this that bad since i will be using either it or the mustang for a DAILY CAR driver but the busa will always be the main driver since am more comfortable on two wheels then 4??? go figure

also if it makes any difference one of my family members is the manager of a tire store and can get me car tires at cost and have them put on for free. not sure thought what that will save for a corvette and 295 35 18

Great thread, I'm looking at getting a vette very soon. But I like the C4's .I'm looking at a zr1 also. Cam change and exhaust mods. give well over 500 hp at the rear wheels.. The only vette I would have is a zr1 ( no i'm not 60 years old yet):)
ZR1 Corvette Home Page
Next I'm probably going to sell my deuce and a half , to have some extra room and $$

I also think you have to be 60+ to own a corvette or so we have seen.... It's an old man's sports car :laugh:

Now you know that's not true....:laugh: Just goes back to that old saying...
" The difference between men & boys is the price of their toys". :rofl:
And honestly if the cost of replacing the tires on the Vette is a issue, then no doubt go with the mustang.

oh and my stock Z06 would eat a slightly modded Cobra any day of the week..

Been there done that. :beerchug:

that would be a dodge viper gts with lots twin turbos which is way way out of the price range for now, but I like your train of thought

Yeah, that is for sure a nice ride. But if maintenance cost is a issue....forget about it. And as far as comfort...:rofl::rofl:

I don't see what the big deal is on the tires, the cobras run a 275 40 17 and it you upssize and run a staggered fitment youre going to be running a 315 35 17 305 30 18 maybe even up to a 335. Those aren't cheap either. if you can afford it get what you want, either can be made into 9sec cars. I'm partial to cars that have a backseat cause I have my son. Me and the wife can take the car out and have a good time and take the kid or a another couple. I'm considering an E63 actually right now. Out of the two you have listed id take the cobra all day. I don't care what anyone says a stock c5 isn't going to walk a mildly modded cobra. A mildly modded cobra can put down close to 500hp and look stock to the untrained eye. I love the seats and looks of the cobra too. But you can't deny its a drivers cars. It creaks, squeaks, and rattles. If that stuff bothers you then you shouldn't consider the 03 04 cars. Step up to gt500, those cars are quite a but more refined and have the 5.4 instead of the 4.6, I'm just not a huge fan of the way they look.
Posted via Mobile Device

Ever drive or ride in a vette??They suck for being comfortable and they dont handle real great.I would take a new GT500 over it any day but then again I am a ford guy.

Really, peronally I've never driven anything that out performs a vette and the air cussioned seats conture to your body for comfort.. My cusion has a new GT and to me it rides like a covered wagon. And the dodge challenger is even worse.
- ‪2008 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 vs. 2008 Ford Shelby GT500KR‬‏[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
buy the one that makes you the happiest

takes big bucks to really make either one of them really run
- ‪Enzo/Vette/Busa on Runway‬‏[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
Does any1 know how either of these act with higher mileage? like 40-80k

am assumeing that car should be able to last alot longer then a busa and a busa can hit almost 100k without troubles.

also I found it odd that alot of the corvette forums acted like 40 or 60k miles is the death of their car, and if it is that wow what a pos, but am gana also assume these ppl have have a new car each year to look cool or cant drive to save their lifes and dont know what maintance is

Back