Thinking about A Personal Plate

1660617920526.jpeg

200.gif

Shame you all in USA, I got our UK DVLA to supply me with 2 plates
K2 8USA and K11 8USA and they put them up for auction, but i missed out as couldnt get signal on my phone to bid at the time....gutted!!!!

View attachment 1656546
There was talk of using basically a specialized bar code for a license plate here...that way it can be simply scanned and will give al the info required to the police very quickly.

The police here have scanning systems in a few of their cars and can scan as they drive....I guess they often get hits off them.

Here in the UK, the "Secretary of Transport" ownes all the reg numbers/tags that the DVLA give out. When we pay for a private reg number/tag, we are paying just for the right to use that number/tag. The DVLA can take it back at any time. If someone misrepresents the number it can be taken away.
Some people make them look like other numbers or letters like the ones below and vice versa. There is ment to be a 10mm spacing between them but some have them so close together they look like one letter.

4 into A
11 into H or N
7 into T
J or L into 1 or I
B into 8
3 into E
6 into G
12 into R
13 into B
5 into S

We have 7 private number, costing from £250 to £450 each. They are all motorcycle related.

Back