Personalized License Plates

I guess I tempt fate...

Names don't bother me, to old now for it to be insulting!

I break the law many times I guess, doing 56 in a 55mph zone, forget a blinker here and there, don't have my seat belt on all the time, jaywalking instead of using the sidewalk, heck I even had to pee really bad so jumped out of the car and went behind a dumpster a week ago, tint too dark on my car, turn the music up loud at times and so on... Not really worried about a bent tag. Squid, Poser, dumb ass or whatever... truth is, I just don't care.

obviously not old enough to know better..Sticks and stones bro, actions speak louder than words and you are responsible for your own actions.

Is it Taboo? Anyone else have issues with me doing this? Anyone do this?

From what I've seen, most of the people who bend their plate up have some reason for it. Usually for one of two reasons. (A) They don't have a license, insurance, or other required documentation. (B) They ride in a manner that is likely to get the police after them, and they'd rather nobody catches their tag number whilst they "make an exit."

I'm not saying all people who bend their plate would fall into those categories, but many would, and those seem to be the reasons why they do it in a lot of cases.

Again, not judging anyone who chooses to do it, just making a general observation.

How about mounting the plate under the bike but above the wheel? Not sure if I can explain where I have seen people actually put the plate correctly but I hope you know what I mean, just above the rear tire area around where your butt would be. Would that make a good person? ;-)

Maybe I misunderstood what you're doing with the plate altogether. I was thinking of the guys who have their plate waaaay up under the tail section and almost facing straight down at the road. It's there and you can still read it, but only if you've got a good angle to look at it.

Either way, not judging. I'm sure some guys just like the look, and that's cool too.

Are you trying to get me not to bend? I'm not sure of your purpose on this?

No sir, it's your bike, your choice and you should be prepared for the ramifications of said choice.
To me as a rider of sport bikes, this is a technique used to conceal for the purpose of evading and concealment by riders who send out bad messages and display poor behavior on public roads. I choose not to and enjoy riding on the road. It's when I'm labeled as "one of those riders" that pisses me off.

As far as taboo...no but it is against the law, as is mounting it above the rear tire set back.
If mounting your plate in a certain way makes you feel like a better person, then hey, more power to ya.

No sir, it's your bike, your choice and you should be prepared for the ramifications of said choice.
To me as a rider of sport bikes, this is a technique used to conceal for the purpose of evading and concealment by riders who send out bad messages and display poor behavior on public roads. I choose not to and enjoy riding on the road. It's when I'm labeled as "one of those riders" that pisses me off.

As far as taboo...no but it is against the law, as is mounting it above the rear tire set back.
If mounting your plate in a certain way makes you feel like a better person, then hey, more power to ya.

I'll think about what you said... I have that tint/smoked plate covers on my car, never been bugged about it however I know it's not legal. Not that I am a bad driver, I drive a Hybrid lol! I was looking online for the same dark smoke license plate cover for my MC tag but couldn't find one... (Well I did at amazon but wasn't as dark as I would like it, they make dark ones for cars...

Here is my tag...

5EEYA.jpg

I like fastfrog's the best. It gave me a good laugh at the Spring Bash.

I've thought about getting a vanity plate, but I like to change things up too often. I dunno. One day when my finances are better, I may go for one.

i admit i bend my tag back too, but not because i ride stupid. i go up to baltimore, md all the time and they have the red light camera's all over the place, not because i intenionally am going to run a red light, but the tickets can be hefty. i'm the president here of our battalion motorcycle club here on base, so i have to be the responsible one at all time and i have a lot of higher ups that would fry my azz if i ever did anything stupid. i have to set the standard for my guys and plus just be plain safe at all times, but i can act stupid as i want at the drag strip or one of the many track days or cornering clinics that we have here on base and if i go down there's no tree's, mailboxes etc that i am going to hit lol just those little annoying oarnge cones.

I was not going to get a custom plate
But thought about it,so i put in the custom plates i wanted to see what was available..when i got my regular plate it had. Cb700 or something like that..i just couldnt put that on my busa..now i have busab ..i can live with the difference in price not to have cb something on my plate..lol

I tried to get the one in my avatar but was denied. Can't have a digit in the middle here in the land of Lincoln.....we can have governors indicted and imprisoned, but not a digit in the middle of letters on a bike plate. Oh no. That would be horrible.

Back