thinkin bout selling the busa.....

OZZY

DOIN' WORK...
Donating Member
Registered
so ive done quite a few track days this summer on the busa and have had an awesome time doing so. with that being said, i RARELY ride on the street anymore. im tired of making a payment each month on something i am not using except once or twice a month for trackdays. call it busa neglect if you must.....

today however, it dawned on me that i am ready to move on in life and try to get my priorities straight. i have debt that i want to get rid of in the worst way, and the quickest way i can think of taking care of it is by selling the busa and using that money to pay off as much debt as i possibly can after paying off the bike.

now, i dont plan on giving up motorcycles for good.... i will be back in the market for a good salvaged motorcycle to turn into a full time track bike by spring of next year.

i dunno, i guess i am just tired of paying so much each month to credit cards and such and dont feel like i ever make any progress. atleast i can use the money i was paying each month for the bike and insurance to pay debt that isnt covered by the sale of the motorcycle......

am i crazy for thinkin this?????

Do what you have to do bro. Bikes come and go my friend, I had to do the same thing 5 years ago. I took a 2 year break, and got back on the saddle after catching up on bills.

a couple years back i had to make the decision to sell my bike to get out from under alot of debt, one of the hardest desicions i ever made, but i have a family and you need to have priorities, everything will work itself out in the end.:thumbsup:

so ive done quite a few track days this summer on the busa and have had an awesome time doing so. with that being said, i RARELY ride on the street anymore. im tired of making a payment each month on something i am not using except once or twice a month for trackdays. call it busa neglect if you must.....

today however, it dawned on me that i am ready to move on in life and try to get my priorities straight. i have debt that i want to get rid of in the worst way, and the quickest way i can think of taking care of it is by selling the busa and using that money to pay off as much debt as i possibly can after paying off the bike.

now, i dont plan on giving up motorcycles for good.... i will be back in the market for a good salvaged motorcycle to turn into a full time track bike by spring of next year.

i dunno, i guess i am just tired of paying so much each month to credit cards and such and dont feel like i ever make any progress. atleast i can use the money i was paying each month for the bike and insurance to pay debt that isnt covered by the sale of the motorcycle......

am i crazy for thinkin this?????

But Ozz you look so good in those pants!

Been having the same thoughts myself. Do what you need to do to make your life better. There will always be more toys down the road. Best of luck to you!

Get outta debt bro!

Seriously, the best thing that happened to me financially was totaling the busa last year. I couldn't afford it anymore, and wouldn't have sold it cause I'm stubborn like that... With that said, I don't have it on my credit report as a repo... Which is good for me. I've used this time without it to catch up on bills and work on getting outta debt.
It's a good plan to sell it bro.

im not sayin that i cant afford it.... im jsut tryin to get my priorities straight and trying to become as debt free as possible...

my mind set is that if im paying for something im not using then y continue to pay for it?? hence the reason i am considering selling.

i bought a house in jan. and decided to change things in my life after my divorce 2 years ago, so i told myself i will be too busy working around the house and no time to ride and sold my 07 zx14. i tried hard for a month to do without a bike in the garage which i have had for many many years. well.. i knew it won't last long and end up buying a 08 busa in march!!
do what works for you, remember you can never go back and change things in life but there is always time for another bike in future, it even be a better and more advanced one. good luck to you in whatever you decided to do. :beerchug:

I OWN The BUSA and Make Payments on the Boulevard. I Work 50+ Hours a week. When I get My Days Off the only thing I can think about is Sleeping and Riding !!!!!!!

Now that My Job is Over and My New Job just Started. I would Rather Sell my HHR than any of My Bikes. They are my Only Escape from the Real World Sometimes :bowdown:

Whatever You Chose to do you will allways be WELCOMED on the ORG :thumbsup:
Just my :2cents:

thanks for all the replies..... i think in the long run i will be making a wise decision by offing it now and getting other things in place with the money that i would be saving each month.

Ozzy,
Say it ant so- Im not sure how old you are but I took a break when I had my second child [Son of Macfast] at 28 started back up at 39. Missed then the whole time had a few bikes during but nothing you would call serious, did not sell my Norton commando and now it;s in a restro progress slow but moving. What Im trying to say is debt will always be there Life is a one lap race
Live it while you can for one day it will be to late
The Busa is you
Think this over well and play the lottery
Greg

Last edited:
Do what you have to do Bro; bikes will always be here, bigger and better.:thumbsup:

Back