Think Bikes are considered RICE?

I think it's funny when my husband pokes fun at my "rice burner" Busa, then hops in his Mazda...
laugh.gif
Miata, right? Now I remember!

(Foreign car with a 4banger is a rice burner).
Rice Burner = A car that sounds fast but lacks speed

A sportbike on the other hand is a Crotchrocket not a rice burner.

(Foreign car with a 4banger is a rice burner).
Rice Burner = A car that sounds fast but lacks speed

A sportbike on the other hand is a Crotchrocket not a rice burner.
You are correct, but some just toss out "rice burner" 'cause they're uninformed and misled...
laugh.gif

Hubby also calls my Busa "Puki Crap"

...then he hops in his Miata...
ices_rofl.gif

I think it's funny when my husband pokes fun at my "rice burner" Busa, then hops in his Mazda...
laugh.gif
Miata,  right?  Now I remember!
Yep...I rest my case...it's hysterical, isn't it?!  
ices_rofl.gif
Dayuuuum.  Leave him alone.....  I'm sure its really fast.  
tounge.gif
  With tinted windows.
It's a wanna-be Monster Miata...
tounge.gif

I know, I'm mean...he's got the Miata and a Harley...I've got the GT Mustang and a Busa...we meet somewhere in the middle...

The Miata is fun in the turns...like a slot car...but, that's all I can give it...
laugh.gif
And I find it funny that he makes fun of me so much for the Busa, then he steals it...
biggrin.gif

tounge.gif

laugh.gif

Am i the only one that hates the term "CrotchRocket"?

wheni was heavy into harley, i also worked at a biker bar. we would on the occasion get a few sportbikes in the parking area. i would go get some rice and sprinkle it under the bike the get on the mic and anounce that there was a bike out front with a really bad leak. well you know every biker would come out and look...it was funny everytime
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Would you prefer the term CrotchMissile?
laugh.gif

And rice burner usually refers to Japanese vehicles of any kind. Rice, usually means "go fast" parts, carbon fiber hood, wing, big rims, euro-trash tail lights.
biggrin.gif
Doesn't need to be on a Japanese vehicle to be rice.

Rice burners was an ethnic term, bacause they were Japanese bikes they called them rice burners. Don't the Hardley riders wish thier bikes could burn rice like ours?

Yes it was an ethnic term, its not things that look fast, but aren't. It came from Japan where as we all know or think they eat a lot of rice. So us v8 gas guzzling americans called them rice burners refering to them using rice as fuel... Which as we know isn't very combustable thus leading to the conclusion rice burners are slow.

I was an auto mechanic in the 80's and frankly American cars were awful -- I mean serious humongous pieces of crap. The Japanese simply made a better car. They built small dependable (underpowered) cars. The same goes for bikes (sept the underpowered part). Riceburner was a derogatory term designed to remind people that buying american would save our crappy economy. How about if we made great products we could save our economy? I digress tho. If you want a muscle car, buy a muscle car (america rules in this category). On the other hand I do also believe in buying the best product available to suit my needs for the best price. I like harleys, but they don't suit my riding style (or lack therof), and I certainly can't justify the cost. Bottom line is I don't think you can get a better bike than the busa in price/performance/dependability anywhere. So, yup I ride a rice burning crotchrocket. We also own 2 chevys (corvette and avalanche) and an old mopar (73 challenger) that we love. Guess what my ride of choice is tho -- BUSA

that is a tough question but i know one thing
my busa has more rwhp than most of the cars
that are considered rice

Burn rice, burn oil each to his own! I work with a few Harley guys and I take friendly kidding and give the same. But even with the new Harleys I still hear "my bike is in the shop", or hwo fast the V-Rod is etc, etc. But it still boils down to this, the Busa is still the sweetest, fastest, one in our companies lot! Anytime anyplace!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

[...] I was told that their little high reving engines make good stoves to cook or "burn" rice
rock.gif
RICE stands for Race Inspired Cosmetic Enhancements.

Rice is also slang for Japanese people. American made mussel and sports cars are sometimes referred to as rice burners because they supposedly beat all the Japanese competition.

Back