Pc iii chart numbers

Justyntym

The Pessimistic Optimist
Donating Member
Registered
I'm new to Power Commanders and just looking at the chart that shows throtle position vs rpm

What do the chart numbers mean...
example one block says <span style='color:red'>-12</span> and right next to it is <span style='color:blue'>5</span>

I don't see any progression...just curious...

not to meniton, I've got the stock map from Dynojet and another map from Johnny Chesse (thanks flynjay) for a stock Busa are totally different.

<!--EDIT|Justyntym
Reason for Edit: None given...|1152489115 -->

Compairing the two not only are they numberically different the dynojet map is every 500rpm...the Johnny Cheese map is every 250rpms..

I'm new to Power Commanders and just looking at the chart that shows throtle position vs rpm

What do the chart numbers mean...
example one block says <span style='color:red'>-12</span> and right next to it is <span style='color:blue'>5</span>

I don't see any progression...just curious...

not to meniton, I've got the stock map from Dynojet and another map from Johnny Chesse (thanks flynjay) for a stock Busa are totally different.
Not clear on what you mean by progression.

Regarding the numbers, they are "factor" they indicate by how much you are modifying the pulses at a given throtle position and rpm.

A number 0 indicates that no modification is being made to the injector pulses at that specific rpm throtle position combination. A number 5 would indicate a modification by a factor of 5 that may cause the injectors to dump in 5 times more gas than normal at that specific combinatioin. A -5 would indicate that the injectors would dump 5 times less gas at that specific combination.
I mention here gas quantity but this is achieved by a modification of the modulation of the pulses and duty cycle through the PC.

hope this helps, as always, if I am incorrect, someone will correct me.

the numbers represent variance from the stock fuel map. for example -10 is 10clicks less fuel from stock. +10 would be more fuel pumping into the bike vs. the stock map.

Back