They BLEEP you at the hospital!

PaNDeM1C

Your Disease.....
Donating Member
Registered
I sounded like Joe Pesci from Lethal Weapon 3 when I saw the little bill from Cedar Sinai... just over $2k... for nothing!

When my crash happened I told the cop over and over again I didn't need a BLEEPING hospital but he insisted I go. So... I went in the ambulance. And AT the hopsital I told the doctors I was fine aside from road rash. And one doctor even said I had the right to leave, but when I tried to leave other doctors actually had a security dude there to stop me. I had already gone through crap with the cops about a month before in Florida, so I was in no hurry to get into some kind of 'scene' with security.

I seriously feel like I have no reason to pay this bill! Why should I? I didn't want to go in the first place and I was coherent and not unconscious! No obvious broken bones or anything.... I got send because the cop (who thought he was a doctor) thought I might have some sort of head injury. Hell, I've bumped my head many times and I knew my head was fine! This whole situation pisses me off even more now that I got this bill.... a bill for a visit I was forced into! Do I have any legal grounds to refuse payment on this? I can understand completely IF the cop's judgment turned out to be correct, but it wasn't. Mine was. When I left the hospital they gave me a clean bill of health! So... they want to charge me over $2k for treatment I didn't want or need! Sure, I ended up being sore for over a week and couldn't walk well for a few days, but that was expected... and the only thing they wanted to treat was my head! Even though my ribs are still a little sore now, they weren't sore or even hurt the day of the crash... they got sore later.

The bill was over 5k but 3k was deducted for some reason and it now stands just over 2k...

I'd look into getting a lawyer but the damned lawyer would probably charge me the same price the bill is worth! So I'm not sure what to do right now....

Do you have Insurance with medical payment?

Since you were treated you probably cant get out of it, but you may be able to talk to someone at the hospital that is high enough to get it lowered more.

Hope it works out.

I'll need to contact my insurance company (bike) to see. I don't have regular medical insurance (sucks)... but that's how it is. If nothing is covered with my bike insurance, I'll have to contact the hospital to see what can be done.

they #$%$ you then some more 20 min and i had a bill for 1K with coverage. #$%$ it starts with a K a$$holes
rant.gif

You may have grounds for not paying but proving what people actually said will be your biggest problem.

However, if you have insurance that will pay the bill, get them to pay it. They DID, after all, give you service and should be compensated for it. Hospitals are generally on the short end of the stick in a lot of cases.

If you decide you still aren't willing to pay, I highly recommend you talk to the hospital administrator and do it in person. The good ones take a great deal of time to talk to patients every day. You can tell your story and if you have the name of the hospital security guy, it will really shore up your case.

--Wag--

If the hospital has county or state support , they can get their bill paid out of your state tax returns, before the check is even cut for you. Just a heads up Pan.

Check your bike coverage like someone said above. That should cover up to $5,000 at least if you have minimum coverage.
If not talk to Hospital administrator like above also. Try nice approach with a long story to fully explain everything. You should be fine with either of those suggestions. A lawyer will cost close to if not more than then the bill. You are talking about a big company that has lawyers on retainer for this sort of thing.
Next time stand your ground and say I AM NOT GOING!! Period!! If you have no visible signs of injury you can walk. If you have an arm hanging off by a thread or blood pouring out of you that is different. Good luck Pan!!

Back