My Dad is in the Hospital

jwcfbd

Administrator
Donating Member
Registered
First off he is going to be fine.

I need to stick around the house to help Mom and Dad when he gets released so I can't make the show this weekend.
sad.gif

Here's the deal,
About a month ago he failed a stress test and they sent him to the hospital. Once there they found out that he about 98% blockage to one of the small vains on the bottom of his heart. They tried to clear it but couldn't. They found that he had a minor heart attach and that the vain was blocked with scar tissue. At that point they told him a bypass was a good idea but it was elective surgery. After a consult with the doctors they deceided that he was going to get it done. They told him to do it just before Christmas but that wasn't going to happen. They set it up for the first of the year. Well Yesturday he had chest pains that went into his arm. Mom took him to the hospital where we sat for over three hours until they could get a hold of his doctor. Once that happened he told them to transfer him to the cardic hospital ASAP. Today they did open heart surgery and did the bypass. After about 3 1/2 hours in surgery they came out and got us. My Dad came through it fine and is expected to make a full recovery.
smile.gif
We were very suprised to find out that after all this today that tomorrow they will start getting them out of bed right away. They also said that he should be home no later then Saturday. (that is why I can't make the show) I need to be here to help get him home. He is going to be slow moving for a while but he should be fine.
So guys going to the show take plenty of pics for me and have a good time.

That is great news about the recovery!!! I am glad everything turned out ok for you and your family!!!

Glad to hear you Dad is doing good.
My Dad had a quadruple bypass and a valve replaced at 63yrs old. On the table for 12 hrs plus and they almost lost him twice. Next morning they got his a$$ out of bed and made him walk the hall. That and the sucky/blow tube they made him use to clear his lungs out....
He was out of the hospital in 7 days and today (68yrs old) doing things he couldn't do before.

Best advice I can give ya.... get him out of bed as much as possible and walk him til he's tired. After getting home, take some time and walk around the block with him. Not only does it help the recovery it gave me some real quality time with my Dad...

Glad the surgery went well. Hopefully the recovery goes even better.

Glad to hear you Dad is doing good.
My Dad had a quadruple bypass and a valve replaced at 63yrs old. On the table for 12 hrs plus and they almost lost him twice. Next morning they got his a$$ out of bed and made him walk the hall. That and the sucky/blow tube they made him use to clear his lungs out....
He was out of the hospital in 7 days and today (68yrs old) doing things he couldn't do before.

Best advice I can give ya.... get him out of bed as much as possible and walk him til he's tired. After getting home, take some time and walk around the block with him. Not only does it help the recovery it gave me some real quality time with my Dad...
Very true. It's amazing how fast and hard they push you. I'm glad to hear that your Dad did so well and made a full recovery.

Thanks for the kind words guys. It helps alot.
beerchug.gif

Glad to hear he's doing good! Thank the lord , Thats a great gift for Christmas!!

your are right frisbee. I'm glad today is over and Christmas is going to be great. This year my sister, brother in law and my little neice are going to be here. My parents are looking forward to it and that should help Dad get better even faster. This is going to be the first Family Christmas with my neice.
cool.gif

Glad your Dad is going to be ok Jim. We will miss seeing you on Saturday though. Bob

A relief to hear he's going to do okay!

Whew!

--Wag--

Thoughts to a speedy recovery!!! When I was stationed in Ft. Carson my landlord had open heart surgery... NO Joke he signed himself out of the hospital and I caught him driving the property with no shirt on and a chest full of staples laying irrigation lines in the fields... People have the ability to bounce back pretty quick!!! Not that I recommend anything as crazy as that!!!! Have a great christmas with your dad and I'm glad they fixed him up.

Glad to hear he's going to be okay. There's always another bike show to go to, but you only have one Dad.

Back