home from the hospital

luvmybusa

Donating Member
Registered
Well, underwent surgery today at 6 a.m. to re-attach the "triangular fibrocartilage" back onto the radius in my left wrist. I ripped it from the bone in Dec. of 07 and finally got it repaired. I thought I just sprained the wrist at the time.

Anyways, this was the first surgery I've been through and my first time being put under. Woke up extremely confused (didn't know where I was) and had a terribly sore throat.

They have me on 700 mg of Norco every 4 hours for pain. I felt good all day until bout 7 p.m....the drugs start wearing off and now I'm feelin pretty sore. Prognosis is 1 week in a full arm cast, 7 weeks in a half arm cast, then 7 weeks of rehab.

For the pic police...no worries, pics soon to follow.

The sore throat is what I always remember too...from the breathing tube; unexpected irritation :(

I hope you heal fast!! :thumbsup:

Glad to hear all went well Brother. Call me if you need anything and Jason or Allyssa can't help. I am only minutes away.
Maybe if we get a nice day I will take you and your Busa for a spin. You can Ride Biotch on your onw bike.:poke:

good to have you back buddy...dont be a lil girl and take the pills its only a couple of wholes in your arm hahaha

:poke::rofl::rofl:

sincerley,
your **** roomate hahah

thanks for the love everyone. They weren't kidding when they said the day after is going to be the most painful. I woke up every two hours with pain I wouldn't wish on my enemy.

I dunno how well I'll be able to hold on Kev...but I'm willing to give it a shot :laugh:

As promised....a couple pics of the mayhem. I'm goin back to the doc in a week to get this full arm cast/wrap off...check the stitches, get some new MRI's and a couple X-RAYs to check the progress.

I'll be sure to get some photos of the incision up for you gore guys. But for now, here's what I have. Don't make fun of me too bad now :laugh:

surgery pics 002.jpg

surgery pics 001.jpg

surgery pics 004.jpg

surgery pics 005.jpg

sorry for the sideways pic. The first 3 are pre-op photos. The first one is 5 am, walkin in to register. The 2nd and 3rd are waiting for the anesthetics to kick in. And the last one is me still under the influence, passed out at home with the lady. She's taking VERY good care of me. I even got a sponge bath earlier :laugh:

get well soon, you had the surgery at the right time of year,
be ready to ride in the spring :thumbsup:

Glad to hear all went well Brother. Call me if you need anything and Jason or Allyssa can't help. I am only minutes away.
Maybe if we get a nice day I will take you and your Busa for a spin. You can Ride Biotch on your onw bike.:poke:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:Glad you're feeling better, firedog is even willing to violate the cardinal rule of motorcycling for you:rofl::rofl:whata friend!:rofl:

Heal quickly and PLEASE if they send you to PT then GO, it will help the healing process immensely.:thumbsup:

Been pretty busy the last couple days and haven't had time to check in. Glad all went well with surgery and look at the brighter side, with any luck when this all passes the wrist will be as good as new. Hang in there and if you are having any thoughts of using that gown for riding, it's not CE approved! :beerchug:

thats what I was thinkin warp...I didn't have the surgery in the spring because that would mean no riding ALL summer and I wasn't havin that.

I do plan on doing everything the doc says Lycan, including PT.

Thanks for the wishes all. Its much appreciated.

Back