The verdict is in...

VaBusa

oRg Gal
Staff member
Administrator
Got my MRI results yesterday...herniated disk in my lower spine, between vertebrae 17 and 18 I think...

I'm scheduled for microsurgery on August 26th, then nothing strenuous for 6 weeks or I risk another herniated disk...so, I'll likely be missing most of the good riding again this fall...
mad.gif

Doc said I've probably had this for a few years and when it flares up, I go down...the myriad of drugs aren't doing much for the pain, so tomorrow I'm getting an epidural to keep me comfy before the procedure...

Ahh, an epidural, not just for when you're having babies!
laugh.gif

Here, 'cause I know how useless threads are without pics...
tounge.gif

me2.jpg

Nice curves Va... sorry to hear your out of commission for a while.

When I had my ACL re-constructed it was painful but not as painful as watching the nice riding days that went by.

I used it as motivation to heal up...

Dont rush it..

Sorry to hear about the surgery, Michelle! Hopefully all goes well and Caesar will get more attention next year! The recovery time probably won't pass as quickly without riding, but you'll be better off for it.

Dang Michelle,

Bad news that you have to wait until the 26th, but the good news is that you do have a cause and a fix coming. Hang tough and follow the doctor's orders. This riding season may be a wash, but you can make up for it next year!!

DJ, I've already done the math...I MIGHT still be able to make the fall ride, but I will listen to the doc and do what he tells me...

Thanks guys...I don't wish this on anyone...I feel terrible for TruWrecks...he's gone through back problems over and over...
sad.gif

Got my MRI results yesterday...herniated disk in my lower spine, between vertebrae 17 and 18 I think...

I'm scheduled for microsurgery on August 26th, then nothing strenuous for 6 weeks or I risk another herniated disk...so, I'll likely be missing most of the good riding again this fall...
mad.gif

Doc said I've probably had this for a few years and when it flares up, I go down...the myriad of drugs aren't doing much for the pain, so tomorrow I'm getting an epidural to keep me comfy before the procedure...

Ahh, an epidural, not just for when you're having babies!  
laugh.gif

Here, 'cause I know how useless threads are without pics...
tounge.gif
I feel yer pain baby. Been there, done that. 'Cept I wouldn't allow them to start cuttin' into my sexy bod....so...I just live with. I cracked a couple verts with mine aswell as the blown discs. Its zero on the fun scale honey. Absolute Zero.

we're all with ya,a few of the boys have had the same surgery...I wont mention their names(its they're personal biz) that, and I cant fuggin' remember....
face7.gif

We're pullin' for ya , you'll be fine. Keep them yard apes off ya for a while. Get hubby to shower you with love an' affection. Aswell as attend to all yer needs....
wink.gif

we love ya...... Rubb.

I feel yer pain baby.  Been there, done that.  'Cept I wouldn't allow them to start cuttin' into my sexy bod....so...I just live with.  I cracked a couple verts with mine aswell as the blown discs.  Its zero on the fun scale honey. Absolute Zero.

we're all with ya,a few of the boys have had the same surgery...I wont mention their names(its they're personal biz) that, and I cant fuggin' remember....
face7.gif

We're pullin' for ya , you'll be fine.  Keep them yard apes off ya for a while. Get hubby to shower you with love an' affection.  Aswell as attend to all yer needs....  
wink.gif

we love ya......    Rubb.
Andy! How are you healing up? Wife back yet? I haven't kept up with anything in the last week or so (drug-induced sleep)...
smile.gif

I cannot imagine "living" with this...how do you do it? When it hit me this time, I couldn't even walk...hubby would try to help me get up and I'd just cry 'cause it feels like my entire lower body is just broken and in piercing pain...it's not something I can live with...you're too damn tough Rub...no pain pills, no scalpel...I can't imagine...

Hubby may leave me after this...he's slammed with house work, kids, cooking, taking care of me...when he's not around, I sneak out and try to pick up things here and there, clean up this and that, well, if the pain pills are taking the edge off...

I'm mostly pissed about no riding though...I was supposed to be riding to Ocracoke Island with the hubby last weekend on the bikes...two years of planning, then we had to cancel...
mad.gif

Thanks Rub, everyone...if I could get 'em to take pics of the surgery just for your entertainment, I would...
laugh.gif

I feel yer pain baby.  Been there, done that.  'Cept I wouldn't allow them to start cuttin' into my sexy bod....so...I just live with.  I cracked a couple verts with mine aswell as the blown discs.  Its zero on the fun scale honey. Absolute Zero.

face7.gif

We're pullin' for ya , you'll be fine.  Keep them yard apes off ya for a while. Get hubby to shower you with love an' affection.  Aswell as attend to all yer needs....  
wink.gif

we love ya......    Rubb.
Andy!  How are you healing up?  Wife back yet?  I haven't kept up with anything in the last week or so (drug-induced sleep)...
smile.gif

I cannot imagine "living" with this...how do you do it?  When it hit me this time, I couldn't even walk...hubby would try to help me get up and I'd just cry 'cause it feels like my entire lower body is just broken and in piercing pain...it's not something I can live with...you're too damn tough Rub...no pain pills, no scalpel...I can't imagine...

Hubby may leave me after this...he's slammed with house work, kids, cooking, taking care of me...when he's not around, I sneak out and try to pick up things here and there, clean up this and that, well, if the pain pills are taking the edge off...

I'm mostly pissed about no riding though...I was supposed to be riding to Ocracoke Island with the hubby last weekend on the bikes...two years of planning, then we had to cancel...
mad.gif

Thanks Rub, everyone...if I could get 'em to take pics of the surgery just for your entertainment, I would...
laugh.gif
how am i healing up....who cares. We've got you to deal with . Hubby wont leave you, dont worry. Sure he has to take care of his kids,his house,his shopping....when you're laid up...then when he's laid up they're your kids etc.

No worries girl.... just take care of you.

I called you a few minutes ago....assumed you'd be at work...
type.gif
me dumb.

O well, nice voice mail for you when you get back.(no pun intended).

now go back to bed. sweet narcotic dreams...xxxooo

andy.

Michelle, I hope all turns out ok on your back. I glad it's not me!! Bob

Michelle, wishing you a speedy recovery girl....

take care and follow the doc's orders....

we'll be here for future rides....

I'll be sure to keep you in my prayers....

good luck with the op

My back is screwed up, I remember 10 years ago 2 discs in the neck and 2 in the lower back were starting to fuse together.
Don't want to know what it looks like today.

You are very brave.

Good luck again
wink.gif

Good luck with the operation. My same disk was herniated 8 years ago. I went for the shots but thats it. No surgery for me. Good luck and get well soon.

Shoot VA... that sucks... just do EXACTLY as they say, or it has a chance of rupturing again. The Busa will wait for you, as long as it takes.

Good luck and speedy healing!

oh man....so sorry to hear, Em.
sad.gif

Hopefully you'll feel like a million bucks after all this has healed. I'll send a prayer your way for a safe and speedy recovery.

Oh yeah...an one other thing:

NO MORE SWINGING FROM THE RAFTERS!!!!
biggrin.gif
tounge.gif

Michelle,
Best of speedy recoveries. Take it easy like they tell ya. I am in same back boat as many here.
Hang in there.

Back