The USEFUL SoB at Akrapovic.com

aka Danksy

Registered
Inquired about the similarities between the stock header and my Akra titanium...

I asked a bunch of questions....

Inner Diameter
Outer Diameter
4-2 Geometry
If I could run duals using it

so on and so forth....

There response was,

"They are not the same."

THANKS PAL THANKS THAT HELPS ALOT A sfdhadsfba sdf;as :moon:<- frustrated keyboard smash.

yosh sells their header separate, i think V&H does too. tried to get brocks to sell a 4-2-1 Ti header, but no luck yet.

Well wouldnt be getting the Akro's! Give Greg a.k.a. GPW a pm, he may be able to help you out.
Inquired about the similarities between the stock header and my Akra titanium...

I asked a bunch of questions....

Inner Diameter
Outer Diameter
4-2 Geometry
If I could run duals using it

so on and so forth....

There response was,

"They are not the same."

THANKS PAL THANKS THAT HELPS ALOT A sfdhadsfba sdf;as :moon:<- frustrated keyboard smash.

I went to Helmet Ctr. here in Phoenix and they helped me out greatly. They called both Yosh and Akrapovic. Both companies will sell the exhaust system in pieces to me. I want to do this so I can get the full single sided exhaust that I want with the muffler that I like.

well I don't know stock dimensions, I was hoping that the guys at Akrapovic might be able to help me outt, but yeah,

OD on the pipe 2.35"

SO YEAH. haha

I bought my full system from Akrapovic. It has the Akra header with duals. Not sure of the exact dims but I know the factory ones are smaller.

Not to much to ask. You might just have to call them a couple times to find someone that knows the info you want.

Now thats the way to give your company a good name. Not the same? Really? You dont say, I thought people paid $1k to get the exact same thing they already had!!
What a jerk!!

Lets, look into this a bit further...

Buying a header is about saving weight, IE the materials its made out of...

I'm not sure exactly how that affects changing the dimensions of the pipes of the headers themselves....Changing wall thickness and material makes heaps of sense, but outer diameter? mmmm, interesting eh?

So I don't see how I was so wrong thinking that the OD of the 4-2 header pipes could be the same as stock....
:poke:

thats incorrect. the power is made in the header. mufflers are really taste only and worth minimal power. all bike mufflers ive seen have been straight through design anyway. weight savings is a plus too. but the main point of a full system is more power.

if your trying to run a set of slip ons to make your own setup the vance and hines is really the best bet. offers oe exit location, stepped header design, crossovers, and less weight, then choose a slip on that has and i.d. of what their specs say then you have a dual setup in whateve muffler you want.

also i kinda doubt you could swap mufflers betwee system and them line up with the mounts.

Last edited:
Back