I need 350usable hp on race gas? lots of questions

aaronxs400

Registered
so what does it take? ive read the stock bottom end will handle up to this HP, but i may upgrade the rods anyways. will teh stock pistons handle it with a spacer, or would turbo pistons be the best bet? i will be using race gas.

i want it to be realiable, but if the stock parts can take the power than ill use them.

im new to the hayabusa so bear with me. can the stock fuel rail be used with upgraded injectors, or do i need secondary injectors? would a power commander 3 be up to the task of controlling the fuel injection? the bike will not have a fancy boost controller as its going to be a car tire bike, i should be able to throw all the boost at it at launch.

ill be building the header, plenum, things like that myself. i need a turbo that fits these rules

Limited to one turbo with a maximum turbo inlet opening of 54mm. AMA Dragbike defines maximum turbo size as the maximum allowable diameter of the inlet housing at the point where the leading edge of the compressor wheel meets the inlet housing

any suggestions?

thanks alot guys. i know going forced induction is not an easy task but im up to the challenge.

and if you had these three options to build, which route would you go?

Inline Turbo Liquid-cooled No Intercooler / 1370cc Max. / 54mm Inlet / Gasoline / 650 lbs.
Inline Turbo Liquid-cooled With Intercooler / 1370cc Max. / 54mm Inlet / Gasolin / 685 lbs.
Inline Draw-through / 1500xx Max. / Any / Gasoline / 650 lbs.

i would go intercooled
i also would fine a 50-54mm turbo
a to4e 50 trim would fit those rules (actually a little small but some have made over 400 with that turbo)
i actually use a to4e 50 trim for street kits
i personally like a master power turbo for the price and quality it is

if its just for dragracing, you could actually get away with not using the intercooler. I would stay away from the draw- thru setup.....not unless you really know alot about them and how to tune them.

I no nothing about this stuff... But is the transmission going to hold up to 350 hp out the gate??? I thought they put boost controllers to keep it under 200hp for 1st an 2nd on the stock tranny??? Just curious myself :duuno:

and what does "get second gear done" mean? different gear, or back cut?

What you want is a billet auto-trans from Robinson Industries. Some of the quickest bikes in the world use his transmissions . . .

Robinson Industries

I am talking about six second, big-tire pro mods, turbo funnybikes, pro street bikes, etc. You could get a four, five, or six speed automatic from Robinson that will hold up to anything you got. POWERHOUSE deals exclusively with Robinson on all of its transmissions . . . I'm not sure if he would deal with you direct, but it doesn't hurt to ask!:goodidea:

Back