First time I've ever ordered a new Motorcycle

c10

Registered
As some of you know been having the new bike itch , and then the wife liked what I liked. Sounds good right ? Last weekend took her to visit the new 1050XT V Strom , and while it was very much in the ball park She had concerns of if I lower it to fit her then the geometry would be off from stock . See what happens fellas when you better half read suspension manuals , and all motorcycle things related . Also having to buy the top model @ 16,999 to get black as base model black/grey has no frills . Yellow or orange was not her colors , and she would not use the side panniers .
Last year the Triumph 800 tiger xca low was in the picture , but a former triumph dealer friend kind of scared me away from them , and so I relayed this to the wife who was ever not so happy . The comment ( everything I pick something is wrong with it ) keeps popping up .
This year the new 900 Tiger GT in many variants is out with a LOW model at 29.92 seat height ( current bandit 30.1" )
We started watching videos , reviews , and engine sound / exhaust note . IT sealed the deal , but seeing one in person is like finding big foot , and getting a photo with him ;) .
Austin Texas had a white one on Saturday , but by today it was sold before we could even go look at it . Tianne , and I text back n forth over it , and I get a message that was kind of crushing . msg below .

I just have a feeling that within about two weeks you will find out something about it , and convince me that it isn't the bike for me , and talk me into something I really do not want so not going to get my heart set on it .

That was enough for me to know she really wants the 900 in black with the options discussed . On my lunch break today I went down to Katy Texas , and ordered a 2020 Triumph Tiger 900 GT low in Sapphire black with engine gaurds , rider heated seat , and connectivity module . Lucky they had a black 900 coming and were able to change it to a low with a deposit . Of course wife sees charge on card , and inquires . Does not believe I ordered her a new motorcycle ;)
Sent a photo of the receipt to her took a bit for a response .

So the V strom is a no , and Triumph a yes . Now if the world will go normal so we can road trip again . Estimated arrival is unknown at this time . Thin k this might be first time I buy extended warranty since its not a big 4 Japanese.

$15,325 not counting TTL , and freight .

Tenderfoot

Registered
I just have a feeling that within about two weeks you will find out something about it , and convince me that it isn't the bike for me , and talk me into something I really do not want so not going to get my heart set on it .
That sentence was enough to make you get what ever she asked for! And she deserves it!

fallenarch

THE SLOW RIDER
Registered
That's a great bike, you all are going to love it. I have to be honest, once you realize you don't have to stay between the lines the feeling of freedom is really intoxicating. All of a sudden you find yourself riding down the road and saying I can go there, I can go there, lol. Lots of people going down from the bigger displacements. That's no doubt going to make things better off road.

Congratulations you two. Very happy for you.

Bumblebee

Registered
Congrats, I know nothing about the Triumph bikes other than (around here) they are a bear to get parts and service.

Reactions: c10

c10

Registered
Thanks everyone. Terry my wife likes the adventure look ,and as she says she is not a Kawasaki girl.
@Mythos RJ is staying as my main ride ;)
Looks like I'll have let you guys know how good or bad the 900 turns out to be.
Oh she has been a happy lady tonight .
New windows, and a motorcycle.

Bumblebee

Registered
Thanks everyone. Terry my wife likes the adventure look ,and as she says she is not a Kawasaki girl.
@Mythos RJ is staying as my main ride ;)
Looks like I'll have let you guys know how good or bad the 900 turns out to be.
Oh she has been a happy lady tonight .
New windows, and a motorcycle.
I watched the video Red provided and those bikes look very nice....

The only Triumphs I've seen in person were the Speed Triple and Rocket....

Lianne should be comfortable on this bike as the ergos look similar to the Bandit.

08BusaKY

Registered
Congrats! I see that model on riding with the later episodes of Riding with Norman Reedus. It took me about 3 weeks to get the old FJR I ordered. It's hard to wait.

I like some of the adventure bikes. I just can't bring myself to buy anything that wont beat a Harley. I'm too used to the busa power and passing a semi on the freeway with a flick of the wrist.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
dalynchmob4 Has anyone ever ordered from Exotic Sportbike? General Bike Related Topics 20
ks-waterbug Anyone ever ordered from...... General Bike Related Topics 2
rubbersidedown Perhaps the coolest tank protector ever... Appearance mods 3
WuzzaCBXRider Ever have your fridge go out? Random Thoughts 14
rubbersidedown Best/Worst job(s) you've ever had Random Thoughts 32
202mphbusa Biggest raccoon I have ever seen Off Topic 8
rubbersidedown Dont think its ever been asked before.NO,search NOT done. LOL. General Bike Related Topics 17
rubbersidedown Ever have any odd thoughts out of the blue? Random Thoughts 8
S Have loads of Plastics 2002 to when ever Parts and Modifications 5
Sandow Best Car Sales Ad EVER Off Topic 0
C Has anyone ever attempted to straighten a bent wheel? Gen II Busa Information 15
Kidbusa32 Anyone ever had there bike vandalized?? Off Topic 10
rubbersidedown Best or worst advice you have ever got Random Thoughts 27
Slowstang305 The coolest Harley I have ever seen... Pics inside! General Bike Related Topics 14
Slowstang305 Best toy ever! General Bike Related Topics 2
Sandow Probably the best commercial ever?! Off Topic 5
Kiwi Rider Spray Welding . . have you ever seen it done? Videos 2
Nastee Worst bike chain yo have ever seen in use General Bike Related Topics 8
piratediverjefff FRAM-The Worst Oil Filter Ever General Bike Related Topics 44
greg3852 Worst day ever General Bike Related Topics 117
mabupa Has your bike ever left you stranded? General Bike Related Topics 54
Blacksmith 1st ever, pls dont judge to harshly... New Owners Forum 57
greg3852 Ever stop and think General Bike Related Topics 46
Kiwi Rider Most Expensive Speeding Ticket You Ever Had? General Bike Related Topics 43
ky busa Anyone ever try this oil before? General Bike Related Topics 11
bigoltool Fastest man made object ever! In the News 5
GAmedic Whats the worse thing I've ever seen..... Random Thoughts 32
RedBull Ever been on a National News Program ~ for doing some illegal street racing * In the News 11
c10 If the Hayabusa ever breaks down Off Topic 24
Kiwi Rider The Fastest Bird EVER! Top Speed 6
busa_boy_69 Dumbest Thing I've Ever Heard General Bike Related Topics 40
T Weirdest Wiring Problem Ever? General Bike Related Topics 1
gurrera Will Rogers... Greatest Political/country/cowboy Sages Ever Known We Need Some Humor 2
Rothman First Ever Motorcycle Vs Car, Motorcycle Win? It Was The Police Too.. Accident / Crash Forum 2
C Buying My First Ever Hayabusa Off Topic 17
S Steering Damper Bearings? Anyone Ever Replace These? Busa problems 6
MC MUSTANG Best Election Tweet That I Think I Have Ever Seen! Politics 22
tinmann840 What Ever Happen To Quasar Random Thoughts 8
captain Ever Had Something That Just Made Your Day... Random Thoughts 5
rubbersidedown Daughters First Ever Ride On A Motorcycle Random Thoughts 5
Ham The Most Expensive Lowering Links Ever Made General Bike Related Topics 3
skydivr If You Ever Wanted To Know About An Stt Trackday... Random Thoughts 1
gurrera This is the most amazing thing I have ever seen.... Random Thoughts 4
gurrera This may be one of the "best videos ever" of the ocean with a 3D effect Random Thoughts 7
gurrera Have You Ever Wondered How they Used to Paint the Centre line.. Random Thoughts 11
gurrera This is the best one i've ever seen Random Thoughts 8
rubbersidedown Does anybody on here(the org) ever ponder over one's own demise Random Thoughts 79
FlatlandBusa Has there ever,,, Random Thoughts 18
rubbersidedown Ever feel like you're riding scared. Or just way beyond your level? Random Thoughts 52
IG. Have you ever agreed for US govt. to accumulate $18 trillion of debt in your name? Random Thoughts 35