First time I've ever ordered a new Motorcycle

c10

Registered
As some of you know been having the new bike itch , and then the wife liked what I liked. Sounds good right ? Last weekend took her to visit the new 1050XT V Strom , and while it was very much in the ball park She had concerns of if I lower it to fit her then the geometry would be off from stock . See what happens fellas when you better half read suspension manuals , and all motorcycle things related . Also having to buy the top model @ 16,999 to get black as base model black/grey has no frills . Yellow or orange was not her colors , and she would not use the side panniers .
Last year the Triumph 800 tiger xca low was in the picture , but a former triumph dealer friend kind of scared me away from them , and so I relayed this to the wife who was ever not so happy . The comment ( everything I pick something is wrong with it ) keeps popping up .
This year the new 900 Tiger GT in many variants is out with a LOW model at 29.92 seat height ( current bandit 30.1" )
We started watching videos , reviews , and engine sound / exhaust note . IT sealed the deal , but seeing one in person is like finding big foot , and getting a photo with him ;) .
Austin Texas had a white one on Saturday , but by today it was sold before we could even go look at it . Tianne , and I text back n forth over it , and I get a message that was kind of crushing . msg below .

I just have a feeling that within about two weeks you will find out something about it , and convince me that it isn't the bike for me , and talk me into something I really do not want so not going to get my heart set on it .

That was enough for me to know she really wants the 900 in black with the options discussed . On my lunch break today I went down to Katy Texas , and ordered a 2020 Triumph Tiger 900 GT low in Sapphire black with engine gaurds , rider heated seat , and connectivity module . Lucky they had a black 900 coming and were able to change it to a low with a deposit . Of course wife sees charge on card , and inquires . Does not believe I ordered her a new motorcycle ;)
Sent a photo of the receipt to her took a bit for a response .

So the V strom is a no , and Triumph a yes . Now if the world will go normal so we can road trip again . Estimated arrival is unknown at this time . Thin k this might be first time I buy extended warranty since its not a big 4 Japanese.

$15,325 not counting TTL , and freight .

:)

20200520_152011.jpg

I just have a feeling that within about two weeks you will find out something about it , and convince me that it isn't the bike for me , and talk me into something I really do not want so not going to get my heart set on it .
That sentence was enough to make you get what ever she asked for! And she deserves it!

That's a great bike, you all are going to love it. I have to be honest, once you realize you don't have to stay between the lines the feeling of freedom is really intoxicating. All of a sudden you find yourself riding down the road and saying I can go there, I can go there, lol. Lots of people going down from the bigger displacements. That's no doubt going to make things better off road.

Congratulations you two. Very happy for you.

Congrats, I know nothing about the Triumph bikes other than (around here) they are a bear to get parts and service.

Reactions: c10
Thanks everyone. Terry my wife likes the adventure look ,and as she says she is not a Kawasaki girl.
@Mythos RJ is staying as my main ride ;)
Looks like I'll have let you guys know how good or bad the 900 turns out to be.
Oh she has been a happy lady tonight .
New windows, and a motorcycle.

I watched the video Red provided and those bikes look very nice....

The only Triumphs I've seen in person were the Speed Triple and Rocket....

Lianne should be comfortable on this bike as the ergos look similar to the Bandit.

Congrats! I see that model on riding with the later episodes of Riding with Norman Reedus. It took me about 3 weeks to get the old FJR I ordered. It's hard to wait.

I like some of the adventure bikes. I just can't bring myself to buy anything that wont beat a Harley. I'm too used to the busa power and passing a semi on the freeway with a flick of the wrist.

Back