First time I've ever ordered a new Motorcycle

Congrats! I see that model on riding with the later episodes of Riding with Norman Reedus. It took me about 3 weeks to get the old FJR I ordered. It's hard to wait.

I like some of the adventure bikes. I just can't bring myself to buy anything that wont beat a Harley. I'm too used to the busa power and passing a semi on the freeway with a flick of the wrist.
The BMW (and a lot of these Adv bikes) is a lot faster than you think. Not many bikes will match a Busa straight up for speed/power, but give it a few curves and these bikes will hang with all out sport bikes and surprise a few posers.

The BMW (and a lot of these Adv bikes) is a lot faster than you think. Not many bikes will match a Busa straight up for speed/power, but give it a few curves and these bikes will hang with all out sport bikes and surprise a few posers.
The only one I test rode was a Yamaha Super Tenere. It was comfortable and handled well. It just didn't seem like it had that much power.

The only one I test rode was a Yamaha Super Tenere. It was comfortable and handled well. It just didn't seem like it had that much power.
True, power is not going to be in your face like a Busa. These bikes are relatively fast not quick. They get their pace by conserving momentum (high corner speed). Admittedly though I spend most of the time between 50-90 mph on the BMW. I used to spend the ride between 70 - 120 mph on the Busa.

True, power is not going to be in your face like a Busa. These bikes are relatively fast not quick. They get their pace by conserving momentum (high corner speed). Admittedly though I spend most of the time between 50-90 mph on the BMW. I used to spend the ride between 70 - 120 mph on the Busa.

I find in certain situations the power of my old Bandit was better than the Busa, the Bandit had a lower torque curve which made it quicker to come into power.

What surprised me with my brother's Beemer RT is how the power is so deceptive, you think you're just cruising along and then you look at the speedo and you are going waaaay over the speed limit.

The Speed Triple makes pretty good power and this engine is based on that so it should be pretty lively too.

The super tenere is severely limited via factory. A 250 dollar ecu flash picks up 22 hp @ wheel. My sons bike flat spanks my buddies super tenere with no flash . Night day difference. I've ridden both and stock is just lame.

Congrats on the new ride - she's gonna LOVE it!

We have 6 bikes in our garage & 3 are Truimphs. I just got my 2012 Street Triple R and my spouse has a 2012 Tiger 800 and a 2017 Trophy. I took the Tiger on a 2000+ mile trip to NC last year and had a blast. She/you won't have any problems passing and that bike will handle just fine.

“I just have a feeling that within about two weeks you will find out something about it , and convince me that it isn't the bike for me , and talk me into something I really do not want so not going to get my heart set on it.”

It really rips out your heart when they say things like this huh? Like you’re doing your absolute best to make sure she gets the PERFECT bike and realize that’s not how they have been feeling. They were feeling like you just shoot down everything they like...
But you NAILED the rebound on that one lol. Just like BOOM here it is it’s on the way!

there comes the point where you just gotta pull the trigger and accept the fact you may or may not need to spend another $10,000 to make the bike perfect. :)
Congrats on the new bike and the happy wife :thumbsup:

I want a Triumph rocket. The older ones with low mileage about $5k. The tank is just butt ugly I mean man!! My last harley had an 88ci motor and I think was about 70 ft lbs torque and I just thought it pulled hard. The rocket has 160 ft lb:shocked:. That's over double the torque and I want to feel it. Now the 2020 model is just a work of art as far as I'm concerned, and they finally changed THAT tank :super: but it's $20k

I've always thought that when I grow up I'll end up on a Gold Wing, but this last year I'm thinking a lot about the Rocket GT. 4.8 gallon tank might be the only drawback, but the positives :D...
Paul looking like I'll be in Missouri in October for a motorcycle wedding. Wife on the new bike ,and RJ old faithful

I've always thought that when I grow up I'll end up on a Gold Wing, but this last year I'm thinking a lot about the Rocket GT. 4.8 gallon tank might be the only drawback, but the positives :D...

Although they claim only a 648 pound weight on the new version, even at that dubious weight, (that) might be a drawback.

Back