The Un-Pansification of America

My kids didn't have many birthday parties. Maybe 1 or 2 each when they were little. I got sick and tired of my sister in laws trying to one up each other at their kids parties that I decided no more for my kids. They could have a few friends over but I wasn't gonna shell out 100's of dollars for 30 minutes worth of memories. They soon figured if they didn't have a party they got nicer things cause I didn't have to spend all the money to please others.

At Christmas they get 3 gifts from their wish list.

When my oldest was in high school and he failed a class and had to take summer school, I made him pay for it. Guess what? he never failed another class again.

If I tell you to comb your hair so I can see your eyes and you back talk to me you go straight to the barber and I get to decide how it's cut.

If you disrespect me in my home you will lose your computer, TV, video games, phone privileges and bedroom door.

If your not bleeding to death and nothing is broken then put a band aid on it!

I choose not to have children so I won't be adding any pansies to our world. :).

I am the last ending living person in our family tree to carry on my family name. I refuse to bring a person into this world. We are killing our planet, our morals, and our beliefs. Not interested in bringing someone into a world that is worse than the one I grew up in which wasn't all that great. :poke:

I am the last ending living person in our family tree to carry on my family name. I refuse to bring a person into this world. We are killing our planet, our morals, and our beliefs. Not interested in bringing someone into a world that is worse than the one I grew up in which wasn't all that great. :poke:

to each his own

My kids didn't have many birthday parties. Maybe 1 or 2 each when they were little. I got sick and tired of my sister in laws trying to one up each other at their kids parties that I decided no more for my kids. They could have a few friends over but I wasn't gonna shell out 100's of dollars for 30 minutes worth of memories. They soon figured if they didn't have a party they got nicer things cause I didn't have to spend all the money to please others.

When my oldest was in high school and he failed a class and had to take summer school, I made him pay for it. Guess what? he never failed another class again.

If I tell you to comb your hair so I can see your eyes and you back talk to me you go straight to the barber and I get to decide how it's cut.

If you disrespect me in my home you will lose your computer, TV, video games, phone privileges and bedroom door.

If this is real and not "internet real" I applaud you! :bowdown:

WTH is a fourth grade graduation? Is that an event now? No offense do we need one?

I heard this sociologist talking about these issues and one of the things he stated as a problem is all these kids growing up hearing they are special and deserve "x". Being coddled and constantly protected harms the child IMHO.

I choose not to have children so I won't be adding any pansies to our world. :).

Not sure...my son will have a 5th grade graduation because he'll be leaving elementary school and heading to middle school, so I can understand that. Perhaps that's what's going on :)

Oh, I think there's an entire generation of parents raising their kids in this new way. They don't teach them "no", they don't ever make them work for things, they are special and deserving and better than everyone else. It lays the ground work for a very twisted sense of self, IMHO.

Shoot, I recall when my sister had her first daughter on a road trip. She was coddling the screaming toddler in the car because she was upset she didn't get her way over something stupid. My sister tried to appease her by feeding her some yogurt. The fit continued. My sister was actually apologizing to her daughter over and over saying "I know, I'm so sorry, I know you don't like this yogurt". I was thinking when I heard the story "OMG, is this new parenting?" Your kid is throwing a royal fit in the vehicle and you're apologizing for the yogurt brand?! Because of her fit and your inability to not be able to make her stop throwing her fit, and it's the brand of yogurts fault?!? It was comical and incredibly sad all at once...reinforced my parenting skills, that's for sure :rofl:

And that's why I love you!!! Strong Moms rule!!! Soggy Moms are ruining it for the rest of us :laugh: :laugh:

I think they closed the "School of Hard Knocks" when my Mother died. Or i was in one of the last graduating classes. :laugh:

That sux, I was gonna rip on you for having the muscles of a 4 year old, but you made me smile with your answer.. :banghead:

:laugh:

Way to foil my evil plans!

My nephew is 10 and he is on a basketball team that hasn't won a single game and they still all get trophies and whatnot at the end of the season.. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Well I am skinny but very very strong.
I can do three pushups and one pull up :)

The Pansification of America is being followed by the wimpification of corporate America. I'm not allowed to tell an employee they made a mistake. I can only offer advice for how they could do it differently. It doesn't change the work being wrong. They don't think they need to change anything since I'm only offering an alternative to what they perceive they are doing correctly. Last time I told someone they weren't working according to corporate methodology and these are the corrections that need to be made, I was called by HR to respond to the employee complaint.

WOW. That is so sad. :(

oh hey who remembers the Phantom Hand...riding in the back seat of the car screwing around and *WHAM* out of nowhere your mom hasn't even turned around, but she managed to give you vertigo for about 5 minutes....I'm just saying.....

The Pansification of America is being followed by the wimpification of corporate America. I'm not allowed to tell an employee they made a mistake. I can only offer advice for how they could do it differently. It doesn't change the work being wrong. They don't think they need to change anything since I'm only offering an alternative to what they perceive they are doing correctly. Last time I told someone they weren't working according to corporate methodology and these are the corrections that need to be made, I was called by HR to respond to the employee complaint.

Those folks wouldn't last a day on a dealerships lot.
They would be yelled at and belittled to the point of crying and if they can't take it there's the door don't let it hit you on the way out!
Gotta be thick skinned to work at a dealership.

My Mom's back hand had been clocked at over 700 M/H...Never saw it coming, but i knew the instant i said what i said that is was!

My boy knows the "Ace 2000" as the paddle from hell-o! It has several notches on it!

And Dad' Belt? Breakin the sound barrier every time he pulled it out. Crack!!

My Mom's back hand had been clocked at over 700 M/H...Never saw it coming, but i knew the instant i said what i said that is was!

My boy knows the "Ace 2000" as the paddle from hell-o! It has several notches on it!

And Dad' Belt? Breakin the sound barrier every time he pulled it out. Crack!!

LOL We had the "Board of education"....funny how it just disappeared one day and even funnier how we never had to use it when it was proudly displayed on the book shelf.

LOL We had the "Board of education"....funny how it just disappeared one day and even funnier how we never had to use it when it was proudly displayed on the book shelf.

the old school leather cowboy belt, 2" wide and 1/4" thick..........I shudder even now thinking of it.
go in your room and "WAIT" for me is still resonating

My mom used the handle of a fly swatter and had the worst aim of any parent in history. It never hit the fanny but just right above across the small of your back....OUCH.

Back