The Un-Pansification of America

VaBusa

oRg Gal
Staff member
Administrator
I am trying to not get myself banned; didn't use the other "P" word up there :laugh:

Things that really irk the hell outta me anymore, that just seem to be the result of little Johnny not being treated fairly, so some random Mom stepped in and said "Hey, I need to figure out a way to make this fair" and make everyone else suffer for it!! Thus began the Pansification of our children and America, as seen by one, me, Michelle aka VaBusa, Mom extraordinaire of two kids that don't get to be raised this way :rofl:

1) NO gift bags for other kids at my kids' birthday parties! Who invented this? I figure it was started when some bored housewife had to concoct some way to attract other kids to her kid's party. "Hey, I know, I'll bribe them and take away from the simple fact that this is supposed to be a party to celebrate one kid's special day! Now, everyone feels special!" Yay!!

2) Local schools banned dodge ball and the like? I was one of the few moms with a sense of humor that giggled my butt off when I heard our local YMCA youth leader had made up a game for the kids called Jihad. Oh sure, I'm certain others were upset and some Mom's may have had mild heart attacks and wrote letters about a word they likely didn't even know how to say, but in a time when your children can no longer play tag or even hug in kindergarten, you've gotta smile when a 6 year old comes home describing how the Jihad game went today :rofl:

3) When my kids get busted smoking cigs or drinking, I plan on rushing right out to buy them every flavor of both items and encouraging them to drink 'til the midnight hour, baby...in the a.m., we'll all get up and fix eggs and bacon and have a wonderful breakfast and talk about things like "How much I puked when I did that" as we butter some bread. Oh, wait, your kids won't do that? Baa!! I count on it!! I'll be disapointed if I don't get to share these special moments with my children... :laugh:

4) "Suck it up Buttercup" is heard often in my home...mostly said to Sam when he falls and gets a boo boo...nope, not one of those Mom's that coddles and rushes to the aid of a kid that's just fallen. I grew up with a Grandfather that loved me so much, and would whip out his pocketknife to dig out splinters to save a trip to the doc. Got a boo boo, pour some of that orange stuff on it!! Might need stitches? Bandaids work for a while unless it keeps breaking open...that's how the coolest of scars are made anyway, and I tell my boys "Chicks dig scars" often, so I want the world to know I am doing my part to un-pansify one tiny section of the USA...

What are you doing? :whistle:

No eating live chickens allowed guys...just sayin'

when my daughters were young and they fell or scraped a knee they would look at me with those big watering eyes, wanting solace...and they would get "suck it up"...the tears would dry up and they went back about their day.......fall forgotten

when my daughters were young and they fell or scraped a knee they would look at me with those big watering eyes, wanting solace...and they would get "suck it up"...the tears would dry up and they went back about their day.......fall forgotten

*sniff* I'm so proud of you *sniff* :laugh:

Playing tag with my god daughter when she was about 7, she got focused on avoiding me and forgot to watch where she was running. She was across the yard, no way that I could've done anything to prevent this.

She ran full speed into....THE HOUSE!!!! As in, hit the WALL!!!

Bounced off like a rubber ball, hit the ground and...got up laughing of emarrassment. :)

Watching it I was sure we were about to have broken bones and teeth to deal with. Nope. Just a little dust off, then back to our game of tag.

Little buggers are tougher than ya think. :)

Playing tag with my god daughter when she was about 7, she got focused on avoiding me and forgot to watch where she was running. She was across the yard, no way that I could've done anything to prevent this.

She ran full speed into....THE HOUSE!!!! As in, hit the WALL!!!

Bounced off like a rubber ball, hit the ground and...got up laughing of emarrassment. :)

Watching it I was sure we were about to have broken bones and teeth to deal with. Nope. Just a little dust off, then back to our game of tag.

Little buggers are tougher than ya think. :)

And look at the great and hysterical story you both now have to share! See what we're being denied nowadays, all because little Johnny didn't like being picked last, or because some kid got hurt playing at the park? :laugh:

1) NO gift bags for other kids at my kids' birthday parties! Who invented this? I figure it was started when some bored housewife had to concoct some way to attract other kids to her kid's party. "Hey, I know, I'll bribe them and take away from the simple fact that this is supposed to be a party to celebrate one kid's special day! Now, everyone feels special!" Yay!!

:rofl: This is right up there with "everyone's a winner" and "we're all special". This stuff started from the good idea that we can all contribute and have something to offer even IF we aren't the best in a given group, but the idea has been perverted to that point that every kid is taught that they are the Pope, Jesus and King of England all rolled into one and that they have the right and ability to do whatever they whim. <cough> Bu!!sheet!<cough> Like it or not, there's always someone that's the best and someone that's "NOT THE BEST" in any group. :rofl:

2) Local schools banned dodge ball and the like? I was one of the few moms with a sense of humor that giggled my butt off when I heard our local YMCA youth leader had made up a game for the kids called Jihad. Oh sure, I'm certain others were upset and some Mom's may have had mild heart attacks and wrote letters about a word they likely didn't even know how to say, but in a time when your children can no longer play tag or even hug in kindergarten, you've gotta smile when a 6 year old comes home describing how the Jihad game went today :rofl:

Jihad, wouldn't be worred about the word itself. Guess it would depend on the game/message. If somebody was teaching my kid how to join a sleeper cell and blow up US airplanes on behalf of Allah (or anyone else), I'd be upset. But that probably wasn't the game. :laugh:

3) When my kids get busted smoking cigs or drinking, I plan on rushing right out to buy them every flavor of both items and encouraging them to drink 'til the midnight hour, baby...in the a.m., we'll all get up and fix eggs and bacon and have a wonderful breakfast and talk about things like "How much I puked when I did that" as we butter some bread. Oh, wait, your kids won't do that? Baa!! I count on it!! I'll be disapointed if I don't get to share these special moments with my children... :laugh:

lol I get it. However, not sure, but something about that plan seems like it could backfire on ya. Maybe you should leave out the eggs..yeah, that's it. ;)

4) "Suck it up Buttercup" is heard often in my home...mostly said to Sam when he falls and gets a boo boo...nope, not one of those Mom's that coddles and rushes to the aid of a kid that's just fallen. I grew up with a Grandfather that loved me so much, and would whip out his pocketknife to dig out splinters to save a trip to the doc. Got a boo boo, pour some of that orange stuff on it!! Might need stitches? Bandaids work for a while unless it keeps breaking open...that's how the coolest of scars are made anyway, and I tell my boys "Chicks dig scars" often, so I want the world to know I am doing my part to un-pansify one tiny section of the USA...

What are you doing? :whistle:

No eating live chickens allowed guys...just sayin'

Heck, I don't even eat the DEAD chickens. :whistle:

:beerchug:

When Adam falls down and before he starts to cry I always ask him to show me his muscles which he does.
'see dad I got big muscles just like you :)'

Which makes him forget what just happened and he goes about his business of breaking things and taking them apart so he can FIX them :)

When Adam falls down and before he starts to cry I always ask him to show me his muscles which he does.
'see dad I got big muscles just like you :)'

Which makes him forget what just happened and he goes about his business of breaking things and taking them apart so he can FIX them :)

That's cute, how old is your son?

- ALMOST EVERY child in my daughters 4th grade graduation won an award....doesn't sound like bell curve to me....

- ALMOST EVERY child in my daughters 4th grade graduation won an award....doesn't sound like bell curve to me....

thats not a curve at all...thats flatlining..the thing gets me is. if everyone gets an award then there is no incentive for doing better and you end up with our society now...."#$%^ it why try, i'm gonna get an award anyway".

Forty two hundred and sixty one thousand million!
Just ask him :rofl:

He's four and a half.

That sux, I was gonna rip on you for having the muscles of a 4 year old, but you made me smile with your answer.. :banghead:

:laugh:

Way to foil my evil plans!

My nephew is 10 and he is on a basketball team that hasn't won a single game and they still all get trophies and whatnot at the end of the season.. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

The Pansification of America is being followed by the wimpification of corporate America. I'm not allowed to tell an employee they made a mistake. I can only offer advice for how they could do it differently. It doesn't change the work being wrong. They don't think they need to change anything since I'm only offering an alternative to what they perceive they are doing correctly. Last time I told someone they weren't working according to corporate methodology and these are the corrections that need to be made, I was called by HR to respond to the employee complaint.

thats not a curve at all...thats flatlining..the thing gets me is. if everyone gets an award then there is no incentive for doing better and you end up with our society now...."#$%^ it why try, i'm gonna get an award anyway".

And kids today are so used to this, when they don't "win" something, they whine and cry. It's pretty pathetic. We're raising our kids to no longer try to achieve, but to just wait for theirs...yay us, right? :banghead:

WTH is a fourth grade graduation? Is that an event now? No offense do we need one?

I heard this sociologist talking about these issues and one of the things he stated as a problem is all these kids growing up hearing they are special and deserve "x". Being coddled and constantly protected harms the child IMHO.

I choose not to have children so I won't be adding any pansies to our world. :).

WTH is a fourth grade graduation? Is that an event now? No offense do we need one?

I heard this sociologist talking about these issues and one of the things he stated as a problem is all these kids growing up hearing they are special and deserve "x". Being coddled and constantly protected harms the child IMHO.

I choose not to have children so I won't be adding any pansies to our world. :).

why not have children ....raise them your way, so they can make all these pansies miserable.:poke::poke::poke::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl
I have 3 stepsons from my waife now....we had a lady tell us I am raising bully's because I am strict with them. I told her it's better than raising a little bastard no sense at all like hers. She didn't say anything else....wonder why????

The Pansification of America is being followed by the wimpification of corporate America. I'm not allowed to tell an employee they made a mistake. I can only offer advice for how they could do it differently. It doesn't change the work being wrong. They don't think they need to change anything since I'm only offering an alternative to what they perceive they are doing correctly. Last time I told someone they weren't working according to corporate methodology and these are the corrections that need to be made, I was called by HR to respond to the employee complaint.

That is truly pathetic!!! I think back in my grandfather's time, if someone didn't do the job correclty, they were sent packing...give someone the job that truly wanted it, right?

Around here, we're implementing time card readers and hand scanners to track employee hours. We've already had one scanner compromised simply because some employees don't like being "watched" in this way. They don't like "the man" knowing what hours they work, so they kicked the hell out of the power cord, cost us $50 to replace...first of many I'm sure. Any repricussions? NOPE, and I bet there never will be...wouldn't be PC to make an employee just follow the rules would it? No, let's coddle 'em 'til they feel all warm and fuzzy... :banghead: I guess their momma told 'em "Johnny, don't you ever let the man hold you down and be held accountable for a job or your paycheck!" so Johnny fights back...and wins...

Back