Surgery-The great UN-CLIPPING

NCBusa2001

Registered
Alright,  I'm scared to death.  I hate needles, surgeons, hospitals and pain.  

A little background.  I was clipped in Oct of 01 because I had 2 wonderful children and my wife (at the time) thought I should get fixed and that "we were going to be together forever".  I got clipped on a Friday with no support from the "other half".  I even had to pick up the kids after school (an hour post op).  

AND to beat all........That lovely lady decided to ditch me FIVE DAYS AFTER THE SURGERY!!!!  (Women are devious, Excluding Michelle of course)  

Enter my new wife Kim.  She really wants Kids and after 4 years of my procrastination I have decided to take the plunge.  Surgery is set for December 1st (NEXT WEEK).  

I'm nervous as anything (my hands are sweating even typing this).  The reattachment surgery is 3 hours long and is done under general anesthesia, in the hospital proper.  That is contrasted by the quick 15 minute, local, office visit vasectomy done in 2001.  Also the vasectomy cost about $500 if I can remember.  The re-attachment cost $7500 (and counting) even though I am a nurse in the same hospital.  

Another reason I am doing it now is due to my mothers condition.  She is fading fast and I wanted her to know my intentions before she passes along to a better place.  

Just thought I would share and get it off my chest.  

Chris

<!--EDIT|NCBusa2001
Reason for Edit: None given...|1132853124 -->

WOW! That's a big thing. I wish you the best with your new wife and hope you have MANY happy years and the pitter patter of little feet in your home.

Happy Thanksgiving!

I'm sure the surgery will go fine! I'll know who you are by your funny walk...Thoughts and Prayers for you and your mother!

3 hours sounds like quit a process I'm sure everything will go fine best wishes concerning the surgery and more children and prayers for your mother
smile.gif

Thanks for the well wishes and prayers for mom.

It actually "microscopic" surgery, so a steady hand is a must
smile.gif

Isn't there some joke about having to use a microscope....

Phallic humor isn't so funny now.

Chris

Go for it man. I was married to a complete nutcase for 23 years. Stayed for the kids. And it was worth it. My 25yo daughter has a Masters and is married to a Navy Helicopter Pilot. And my 23yo son is in his 2 year of Medical School at Texas A&M. And now I have a 14 month old baby girl. Starting over with her. Sierra Nicole Smith. She is my whole world. So my point is, get the surgery done and have 1 or more (kids) and start over. You won't regret it.

David

sorry to hear about your mom ill keep you in my prayers.as for the unfixing well if you were brave enough to get snipped to start with then this should be easy,turns my stomache just thinkin about it.

My cousin had it done several yrs ago...went fine. He has 2 (more)beautiful kids. No problem!

My prayers will be with you and your mom...

Chris,

The last time I had surgery (the back injury thing) I asked God to have Jesus to be there with me during the surgery, to make sure I would be okay. Each to their own for beliefs, but I was less nervous for a major surgery, than the last time i went to the dentist for a cleaning (and I usually don't get nervous at the dentist).

You'll be fine. My prayers are with you.

Doug

Your brave.

After the post op pain I dealt with from when I got clipped, I don't think that I would allow another knife down there again. They actually made me walk to the pharmacy to pick up my 12 pills of percoset after they kept me waiting long enough for the local to wear off so they knew I wouldn't have any "ill effects" from it. Kids are great, but I know I don't need any more.
Best of luck to ya

Well I went through the "pre-admissions" process yesterday, and found out something I didn't know.

I am restricted from ALL "10 seconds of bliss" for 4 weeks after the surgery.

You hear me, NONE, nada, nothing. I have been through periods of "no sex" for 6 weeks before without problems, but never without "other" alternatives.

I'm sure I will be so full of testosterone that I'll bust (or hurt someone,
smile.gif
)

I hope there is light at the end of the tunnel (i.e. hope it works).

Chris

Back