the Tall Ships are in...kinda cool...

rubbersidedown

TURBO-BUSA-RIDIN'-BASTID
Donating Member
Registered
The tall ships pulled into our harbour yesterday. From just about everywhere,Soviet Union,China,Australia, the US...

Some of the tallest ships(sailing ships) in the world.

Go here http://www.tallshipsvictoria.ca/ for live web cams,facts and info....

and a few cool shots of the waterfront and one or two other shots for Idaho Krieg, who was thinking about blasting up this summer.

It was a nice day for a ride, so I thought why not ride down town an' check out the ships, and grab some lunch.

here ya go....

I took this one of the Soviet ship....

in the foreground is a place called "The Undersea Gardens".
You actually walk around about 20 feet below the surface of the harbour. Look at sea creatures,fish,octupus...shid like that. Kinda cool...

4.jpg

Thats cool RSD...My wife and I keep talking about coming up that way for vacation sometime...gonna have to do it. Looks beautiful!

this shot shows the inner harbour,some hotels in the background, and one of the "Sea Taxis" you can jump on to catch a ride to a site or a pub or yer hotel.
One of my friends operates one.

5.jpg

the Empress Hotel. Cool place. Thats live vines growing up the outside.  It was built on landfill, the harbour used to be bigger. I think that hotel is about a hundred years old.Huge and beautiful inside.

<!--EDIT|rubbersidedown
Reason for Edit: None given...|1119786935 -->

6.jpg

off in the distance you can see the Parliment buildings...
the rooftops are made of copper...

7.jpg

harbour traffic...nice hotel in the background. Rubb surprized the House Mouse by renting a suite there for 3 days...

and proposed.... how sweet eh.... YUK.

YUK fuggin YUK.

8.jpg

I took this shot of the high speed catamaran you can catch if you wanna go to Revlis's place(Seatle Washington).

9.jpg

here's a cool shot... shows 2 bigtime fun things to do....

on the left a Zodiac with twin 150 horse mercs heading out to go whale watching, on the right, a seaplane about to take off for some adventure....

10.jpg

another nice hotel to stay at The Grand Pacific.

notice how Rubbah didn't park with the Yameeha's...

heheheheheh....

11.jpg

across the street from where I parked...

"The Royal London Wax Museum". its kinda touristy...a little hokee, but fun. Life-like wax figures of just about everybody, even some American Presidents.

12.jpg

ok...here's a cool shot... the castle is sorta like the Taj Mahal of Canada. Some rich Canadian bastid built this place for his young bride.

cool castle...

1.jpg

one more for Krieg...

here's where the Cruise ships dock, its a neat walk , especially at night.

Its a mile out,a mile back. You start a this little cafe' and walk out to the end of the breakwater to this lighthouse.

kinda cool....

3.jpg

Back