Am I the only rider from Idaho?

Krieg

Donating Member
Registered
Just curious to see if I am the only Idaho Busa rider? Let me put your questions to rest early:

Yes we actually HAVE motorcycles in Idaho
Yes most of us have indoor plumbing
No we are not all white supremisists
Yes we grow potatoes

And a few facts and trivia about Idaho for you:

Most millionares per capita in the USA.

Largest lava flow in the world.

First atomic reactor in the world.

In Idaho law forbids a citizen to give another citizen a box of candy that weighs more than 50 pounds.

Home to five wilderness areas and four national forests totaling 5 1/2 million acres. The total is second only to Alaska in designated wilderness area.

Bruneau Dunes State Park contains North America's tallest single structured sand dune. It stands 470 feet high.

Hell's Canyon is the deepest gorge in America.

Shoshone Falls, The Niagara of the West, spills over a 212-foot drop near Twin Falls. Evil Kneval made his jump attempt just up the canyou from there.

Sun Valley, Idaho is recognized as the home of America's first destination ski resort.

And to top it all off we have hundreds and hundreds of miles of twisties to ride.  
cool.gif

<!--EDIT|Krieg
Reason for Edit: None given...|1085617340 -->

Do people actually live in Idaho? Just kidding...I thought there were some others from Idaho.

Hey I live in Boise. I think that we need to ride. What year and color is your busa. I've seen a couple of orange ones. I have a 04 blk/purp.

I got an 03 Blk/Grey. Haven't seen any of the orange ones yet. We definately need to get together and ride!

Idaho...how about living in MAINE.

I have to deal with the Harley mentality. If I had anything but a BUSA, I would probably be dead in a gutter. Metric bikes are the minority here and hillbillies are plentiful. CCP highly recommended. LOL

We have the Harley mentality here too, although it is becoming less of an issue all the time. With the price of Harley's most of the guys riding them anymore are stock brokers, bankers, .com or other wealthy individuals. Indians are making a big come back here too. There does seem to be me and one other busa rider here in Idaho that know about Hayabusa.org, so thats a start.
laugh.gif

My dad has some property right outside of Salmon, ID. If it wasn't such a PITA to get my bike up there from Austin, TX I'd try and meet up with you guys while I'm up there this summer. My dad owns a vacation home up there, and is developing some high end recreation property. Thus, I am up there pretty much once every winter to ski, and once every summer to dirtbike.

Bring your Busa and I will sell you a trailer to take it home in!
biggrin.gif
The roads up around Salmon are fantastic! Would be a great ride.

Bring your Busa and I will sell you a trailer to take it home in!
biggrin.gif
The roads up around Salmon are fantastic! Would be a great ride.
My parents go up there every summer and actually take an enclosed trailer with them.  The only problem is, I don't have time to drive and end up flying myself (and only for about a week).  They stay up there for 1 1/2 to 2 months every summer.  Thus, my bike would be up there for nearly 2 months and me down in Texas without it.  

My dad always keeps a couple of Harley's up there.  So I get to ride those roads pretty often.  All of his bikes are big bore, heads, cams, etc.  They all make about 90-100 whp.  They aren't TERRIBLE to ride, but damn sure aren't a Busa.  All I can think about in regards to my trip up there this summer is how AWESOME those roads would be on my BUSA.  Especially the straight stretches in the middle of nowhere.  I'd finally get a chance to let this thing really truly stretch its legs.  

His house/property up there (http://www.kokopelli-e.com) is up Highway 93 about 10 miles south of the Montana border.  Thus, it's about a 40 mile or so ride to the house from in town (Salmon).  It makes for an awesome ride with the winding roads going up into the mountains. If you're ever going to be up in that area shoot me a PM. If I happen to be up there, we may have to meet up.

<!--EDIT|T5eater
Reason for Edit: None given...|1085671756 -->

Cool. I will definately shoot you an e-mail if I am heading that way. You do the same.

Had to get one in there
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

YOU KNOW YOU'RE FROM IDAHO WHEN...

- The wind is faster than your truck.

- Every other vehicle is a 4x4.

- When the sun goes down you start looking for your coat.

- In March, your vehicle is 43% mud.

- You leave your keys in the car and the next morning it's still there.

- You installed your new computer using a Leatherman tool.

- You hear the words "stream" or "brook" pronounced "crick."

- The elevation exceeds the population.

- You've broken down on the highway and somebody stops to help you.

- You can see the stars at night.

- People drive 200 miles to shop in a real mall.

- Your great grandmother is older than the courthouse.

- You got a set of snow tires for Valentines Day.

- The bumper jack in your pickup will lift a house.

- Your back yard smells like sagebrush or various animals.

- A girls' basketball game fills the gym.

- You slept through the night unawakened by a siren.

- A rodeo is more popular than a rock concert.

- You can fish, golf, and go skiing all in the same day if you try hard enough.

- Yellow light means "follow the car in front of you no matter what."

- Democrats are like salmon, they are on the endangered species list.

- You wave to someone on the freeway because you recognize the truck.

- You talk about a combine and people don't wonder what you are putting together.

- In the spring, every tenth car you pass is a tractor.

- When the car in front of you is weaving you suspect a farmer instead of a drunk.

- Maps and gloves are kept in your vehicle's "jocky box."

- You can choose plastic bags or paper sacks for your groceries.

- You have to wait for a flock of sheep to pass you on the road.

- You know why people pay money to watch "pig wrestling."

laugh.gif

Should add these too:

You actually know someone that was bit by a beaver

Your cousins can fill a small auditorium

You were driving a truck at the age of 5 while feeding cows

People have rifles in their truck windows all year long

You know someone who has seen a bigfoot

45 degrees qualifies as spring

Back