The Sierra FOGs rippin' it up on Saturday

CCbusa05

Donating Member
Registered
The Sierra FOGs did a 300 miler today, Lake Tahoe, Sierraville, Downieville and the Virginia City truck route (our desert version of the dragon). It was sure good to get out with the guys again. Joining in on the fun today was Ralphus Maximus (Pacemaster), Big John and Robster on their Connie-14s and me (CCbusa05) on the Silver Bullet. Hehe………once again we proved that yes indeed, the busa does corner. Ralph and I AND the Connie guys caught and passed a couple of dudes on a Gixxer and Yamaha in the twisties between Sierraville and Downieville. One of these days you might expect us old dudes to be slowing down a bit. Well, it ain’t gonna happen this year! :laugh: Anyway, a few pics to share with our ORG brothers and sisters.
First off, a quickie video of Ralph "warming up” the busas!

Attachments

• 100_4250.mov
    2.5 MB · Views: 736
Meeting up with Big John at the Mt. Rose hwy intersection in North Lake Tahoe.

100_4227 (Large).jpg

A few pics at the Sierraville general store rest area, off of hwy 89.
Two gals and two guys that are members of one of the local Reno sportbike clubs came pulling in behind us.

100_4230 (Large).jpg

100_4233 (Large).jpg

100_4234 (Large).jpg

Then it was off and running on hwy 49 on a stretch of the best twisties out there................between Sierraville and Downieville (lunchtime). Check out the K1600 BMW! First one I've seen outside of mag pictures!

100_4236 (Large).jpg

100_4239 (Large).jpg

100_4241 (Large).jpg

On the way home, we pulled into the view point off of Mt. Rose that over looks lake Tahoe. Hehehe.............that young sweet thing I'm huggin' was on vacation from Germany and told me that she has a Gixxer 600 back home. I told her I wished I was about 40 years younger!!! YIKES!!! :laugh:

100_4253 (Large).jpg

100_4254 (Large).jpg

100_4255 (Large).jpg

100_4256 (Large).jpg

All in all, we had a great time! I cannot imagine life without a motorcyle. Dayuumm................I've been doing this since 1969! Am I old or what? ???
BTW..............just so my Connie bros don't feel left out, they had to get in on the "warm up" thing. Seriously, those two lads can flat out RIDE those things!!

Attachments

• 100_4251.mov
    1.6 MB · Views: 710
I love riding the route you mentioned! Especially the 49 on a hot day and stop and jump in the river along the road.

Looking forward to living up there in the near future.

Great ride report, thanks!

Scott

Love those pictures,i also could not see being without a motor cycle.Lately thats the only thing that puts a smile on my face

Thanks for sharing Jimbo, you can have some of our heat anytime... expected 95 today and hitting 100 this week!!

Great pics, looks like a lot of fun was had by all. It was 75 at 6am here, going to be close to 100 all week. Too hot too soon, ugh.

Nice stuff FOGS! When I get your age, I hope you let me join your club! Doyle

Thats a great ride for sure... We did that what 2 days in a row when we were out there with you?

Kinda cool that you can look at a shot and you know exactly where the pic was taken Doug!
I hope you get out here again someday. Doyle

Yes it was a great time...something CC05 didn't mention...that was our first ride of the season June 11.... just 8 days ago i almost wreaked my car driving on snow slush...thats some nasty stuff....Right on J Great writeup...thanks for the other nice comments too gang !! Be safe ya'll. OBTW Raydog you ARE our age.....welcome to the Fog's anytime.

Jimbo, while the FOG's were invading Cali the JaBoB's were jumppin' the stateline in to NV to refuel at Topaz. Did our first Three Pass Blast for the season. You may not get one in this year, as the roads will likely be wet till the first snow of the winter. :poke: Was still about 10 to 12 feet of snow atop Sonora.

056.jpg

059.jpg

063.jpg

067.jpg

056.jpg

059.jpg

063.jpg

067.jpg

You fogs are ridiculous. thanks for the pics!

With Sonora pass looking like that, what are the conditions of Tioga?

Back