The Sierra FOGs at it again Saturday........

CCbusa05

Donating Member
Registered
Come on guys, use your imagination! That stands for "Freakin' Old Guys", don't forget it!
Now don't you dare laugh lads! Me and ole Pacemaster don't see too many taillights up where we do battle! :laugh:
Holy smoke, 12 hours and over 400 miles round trip and 9 of those hours at a very intense and concentration commanding pace......WHEW! Maybe I am gettin' too old for this madness.............................NOT!:laugh:
Anyway, got a late start from Carson (9:00) and headed for Bucks Lake which is approx. 20 miles out of Quincy, CA.. Oh boy, oh boy, talk about twisty heaven taking the loop road around that lake, hard to beat............. BUT we did beat it an hour later! Ohhhhh how sweet the 30 miles of continuous snaking back and forth, back and forth for 30 solid miles on the road leading to the little town of La Porte! One car, I repeat, only one car to pass on that entire stretch! Unfortunately, this sports bike heaven is too far for us to have taken the Stampede gang to, what a pity! After that run I feel like throwing rocks at the Downieville loop!
Anyway, yikes, Mike and ole Jimbo here had dark smoke visors on and we got caught way too far away from home at sundown! Thanks go out to Pacemaster for leading us home at a below speed limit pace to tuck us into our garages safe and sound at 9:15PM! What a ride and what great FOG riding friends I have.
A few pics of the day's adventure!
Bucks Lake.

Pacemaster's Blue Goose and gear and other stuff everywhere! It was hot and we had to take a well deserved break part way through the La Porte run.

Uh oh...........where did the sun go guys? We have a long ways to go yet!!

100_3470.jpg

100_3475.jpg

100_3476.jpg

100_3479.jpg

Jimbo & Ralph...you hoons are out of control...

Awesome!!! :beerchug:

Scar, Uncle Steve, Stampede attendees what have we done!!!! Someone quick call Jim's wife and get him some help....

WOW!!! How Freakin Old does a Guy gotta be to get an invite? :dunno: ChevelleSteve refered to me as an old guy, not that he knows chit, but I do have a few gray hairs. :laugh:

Those are great roads up there, I know it was a blast. :beerchug:

What am I Chopped Liver ?? (Don't Answer That) :whistle: How does Downeville this Sunday Sound ???

I am so BUMMED! I miss out last weekend. I'm missing out this weekend cause I'm racing. Cut a guy a break. Don't tease me with these great pictures of beautiful roads just calling my name.

Ok, since you won't stop teasing me, I'm glad you guys had a good time. It'd be good to see you all again soon.

Some stampede attendees did the LaPorte Rd. on Sunday after the stampede. Awesome area to ride.
You FOG's rock!

Thanks for the nice comments.. now were outta control again..sat...Carson to 88 west to hy 26 !!!!!!!!! to hy 49 then east over hy 4 to Marklieville..to carson......
Leaving Carson Starbucks 0830 as per Jimbo...or else.. :whistle:

Thanks for the nice comments.. now were outta control again..sat...Carson to 88 west to hy 26 !!!!!!!!! to hy 49 then east over hy 4 to Marklieville..to carson......
Leaving Carson Starbucks 0830 as per Jimbo...or else.. :whistle:

Saturday or Sunday? You FOG's ought to check out Poole Station Rd. runs between 49 and 4. (San Andreas and a few miles east of Copperopolis). Excellent set of twisties.

Went at it again.. Saturday..Carson to hy88 to hy126...... thru Sheep Ranch..bumpy bumpy... CCO9 is still mad about that nasty cow trail of a road..:whistle: to Avery.. then on to Arnold for some food. and up and over Hy 4 [still a blast] riding it since 1974....

The FOG'S went at it again Sat August 22..235 miler. Carson to Hy 88 to Hy 126 to Sheep camp hehe.. [ No we didn't stop there ] to Avery to Arnold for food.. and Hy 4 east.. been fun since 1974 for me.. O'l Ebbetts Pass. Looked like rain....NOT.....
Been a heck of alot of riding this year...Been grateful to the man above....
Better replace that front BT016 soon... heck of a tire i might add.... :whistle:
Forgive me for the first post....could not find the pic's in cyberspace.

kk.jpg

vv.jpg

pp.jpg

oh my 2.jpg

qw.jpg

ww.jpg

Last edited:
Back