The risks

surt

Registered
Not really planning on nitrous any time soon - It'll be a few months before I can hope to afford an aftermarket system. But I was curious about the risks involved in installing either a wet or a dry 40-shot nitrous setup. Long and short term?

Introducing nitrous through the bikes' systems with the aim of increasing power by roughly 22% sounds as if it may wear heavily on components not built to handle such an increase. Does anyone know if this the case?

Not really planning on nitrous any time soon - It'll be a few months before I can hope to afford an aftermarket system. But I was curious about the risks involved in installing either a wet or a dry 40-shot nitrous setup. Long and short term?

Introducing nitrous through the bikes' systems with the aim of increasing power by roughly 22% sounds as if it may wear heavily on components not built to handle such an increase. Does anyone know if this the case?

Nitrous is not complicated (some people try to make it so). Tuning is very important. The Power increase depends on which bike you are installing the system on.

Nitrous is not complicated (some people try to make it so). Tuning is very important. The Power increase depends on which bike you are installing the system on.

How exactly/technically do you change the map momentarily while the nitrous valve is open? Is it a function of ECUEdit or something?

It burns HOT, stock engine life is shortened. Might last 100k, might last 1 spray:laugh:

Yes...as far as I understand it, due to the chemical attributes of nitrous oxide the motorbike's ECU believes the air supply is lacking and therefore attempts to balance the mixture by decreasing the amount of fuel delivered to the cylinders - or is the inverse? - ecu thinks too much air and richens the mixture?

Anyway, how is the fuel map altered only while nitrous is delivered to override the ecu's above function?

Yes...as far as I understand it, due to the chemical attributes of nitrous oxide the motorbike's ECU believes the air supply is lacking and therefore attempts to balance the mixture by decreasing the amount of fuel delivered to the cylinders - or is the inverse? - ecu thinks too much air and richens the mixture?

Anyway, how is the fuel map altered only while nitrous is delivered to override the ecu's above function?

You would have to talk to a good tuner who builds nitros bikes for those details. It is easily done by someone in the know. Even with the correct tune, it still burns hot, it causes a more powerful explosion in the combustion chamber, that's how it makes more power, hence...more heat.
I'm not knockin nitros, just don't think it's the best idea for a daily rider. or someone who isn't prepared to go in the motor at any time...in case of the extra what ifs.
But thats just me, I not trying to steer you away from it.

That nitros money will get you close to a full exhaust. Exhaust and a tune will wake the gen2 up more than you think. The catalytic convertor clogs it up, and it feels alot more responsive with it gone, as well as not cooking your feet.

Nitrous is very reliable. The ECU will do very little to add fuel. It will have to be done by you with a Power Commander,Bazzaz Box or Ecu Editor

Back