**The OFFICIAL TEAM GIXXER smacktalk thread**

no comment on the fairings??? ???

Keith, are you feeling ok? Do you have a fever or something???

I was gonna have a comment to the effect of "Your racebike had a one night stand with a streetbike and look what happened"...but I thought it was better left unsaid :rofl::laugh:

just signed up for the TPM / STT event at VIR on March 30 / 31. For the Mrs. it is a two fer. I took her to Barber for her birthday and now to VIR for our 29th anniversary!

just signed up for the TPM / STT event at VIR on March 30 / 31. For the Mrs. it is a two fer. I took her to Barber for her birthday and now to VIR for our 29th anniversary!

Yes, you suck...That is my end of year/inventory, or I would be working an invite on the command center couch!

Its been 7 hours! Where are the pics of new fairings!?

And where is the video's of BARBER!!??

I need my smacktalk fix!! lol

OK here you go. Nothing special, but at the end of the video you can see me searching for that TEAM GIXXER Sticker that fell off in turn one... Funny how you think you are going fast, and then notice how Keith is just chiilin and able to pass any time he wants... In April, I will work on head position and getting closer to the tank.
rides Barber I 3/11/13 - YouTube[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
Trey, you are having way to much fun on that beamer!

What I noticed about your video is you do much better when you follow a slower rider. When you are leading the speed picks up and you get lost on the track at times.

IMO line choice is the first basic element of riding everyone should grasp. If you choose a poor line the corner is shot no matter how much cornering skill you have or how much lean angle you can acquire. It appears to me that you ran out of track due mostly to missing your turnin point and by the time you got it tiped in your destiny was sealed placing you in the dirt. Good save, by the way!

Next time you hit the track, bribe the divrman or Charlie into helping to improve your lines. Without an understanding of where you should be and what direction the bike should be pointed at any given point on the track, nothing else really matters. Look at it this way, at the rifle range until you can hold a shot group to the size of a dinner plate at 100 yds it doesn't do much good to adjust your cross hairs. Same with lines (Street or track) until you can hold a consistent line it doesn't do much good to adjust your turnin, apex or exit points.

Just have fun and enjoy that new ride. Work on one thing at a time taking small steps. Confidence comes with improved skills while the best part is the increased fun factor! :cheerleader:

Great video! Good to see something's and recognize where I was making mistakes based on memory- I can't wait to get back up and running...

Trey, you are having way to much fun on that beamer!

What I noticed about your video is you do much better when you follow a slower rider. When you are leading the speed picks up and you get lost on the track at times.

IMO line choice is the first basic element of riding everyone should grasp. If you choose a poor line the corner is shot no matter how much cornering skill you have or how much lean angle you can acquire. It appears to me that you ran out of track due mostly to missing your turnin point and by the time you got it tiped in your destiny was sealed placing you in the dirt. Good save, by the way!

Next time you hit the track, bribe the divrman or Charlie into helping to improve your lines. Without an understanding of where you should be and what direction the bike should be pointed at any given point on the track, nothing else really matters. Look at it this way, at the rifle range until you can hold a shot group to the size of a dinner plate at 100 yds it doesn't do much good to adjust your cross hairs. Same with lines (Street or track) until you can hold a consistent line it doesn't do much good to adjust your turnin, apex or exit points.

Just have fun and enjoy that new ride. Work on one thing at a time taking small steps. Confidence comes with improved skills while the best part is the increased fun factor! :cheerleader:

Totally agree. Unfortunately with Keith, once he passes you, he thinks you can keep up with him. We end up going from 1:55 times to 1:40. I look up, and he is gone :laugh: And when I find someone at my pace, I end up getting too anxious because their slow corners are my fast corners. I should have stayed behind Emily. She had good lines... I hear ya with the tight group @ 100 yrds (former Army Infantry, Panama/Desert Storm)... Thanks for the feedback Tuf

Totally agree. Unfortunately with Keith, once he passes you, he thinks you can keep up with him. We end up going from 1:55 times to 1:40. I look up, and he is gone :laugh: And when I find someone at my pace, I end up getting too anxious because their slow corners are my fast corners. I should have stayed behind Emily. She had good lines... I hear ya with the tight group @ 100 yrds (former Army Infantry, Panama/Desert Storm)... Thanks for the feedback Tuf

Trey that's great video to critique.

I feel ya with trying to follow Keith..I followed team gixxer one time and Charlie took off like a bat out of hell and all 3 were out of sight by turn 5.
Glad you had fun!

Just trying to continue the smacktalk!! The thread went to page 2 which is totally unacceptable :laugh:

That from a Kawi rider..? :poke: :laugh:

Sorry I wasn't able to call you yesterday. Will shoot for tonight. For now, let's just say it involved cager road rage and a whole lot of blue lights. All's well though.

That from a Kawi rider..? :poke: :laugh:

Sorry I wasn't able to call you yesterday. Will shoot for tonight. For now, let's just say it involved cager road rage and a whole lot of blue lights. All's well though.

Hey now. Just because there is a Kawi in my garage now does not change my brand loyalness. But man I sure was comfy on saturday :laugh:

DANG IT! At first I thought maybe I didnt wanna be a part but from the description it sound like it may have been fun :laugh:

You mean, you have pics of Jay riding a Kawi? Now I don't feel so bad about my one-session stand with Trey's Bimmer :)

Hey Jay, I'm working on some more "secret weapons" to spring on you at our next outing :moon::laugh:

You mean, you have pics of Jay riding a Kawi? Now I don't feel so bad about my one-session stand with Trey's Bimmer :)

Hey Jay, I'm working on some more "secret weapons" to spring on you at our next outing :moon::laugh:

Any hints? :-D

when is the next outing?

Back