The hardest thing about riding my busa...

Aquaman

Banned Permanently By MC Mustang
Is that even know I do rip on her a lot,it is so hard for me to fathom the much higer RPM's.What I mean is,say you are riding on a Hardley,if you are cruising along at an RPM of 6K..
You are surely going to kill that motor rather quick!! So what I need to get outta my head is that on my Busa,at the same RPM,I am just babying her.
Why is this so hard for me to swallow?I cant get outta my head that I am not killing my motor by revving her to 10K never mind full Red Line!

How do I fix this problem in my mind??

...stop looking at the rev's and listen to the motor.
rock.gif

I just don't have it in me to do outragous speeds. I want to be able to make it home so I can ride again tomorrow.

Lol same here.I have driven a pretty fast,modded civic for the last few yrs and i always felt uncomfortable taking the bike over 7k rpm.DONT WORRY.These engines are designed to handle it.You wont blow it.But look on the bright side.If the bike is new you are taking it easy on the break in so its not that bad.

<!--EDIT|umairhashmi
Reason for Edit: None given...|1152238145 -->

Is that even know I do rip on her a lot,it is so hard for me to fathom the much higer RPM's.What I mean is,say you are riding on a Hardley,if you are cruising along at an RPM of  6K..
You are surely going to kill that motor rather quick!! So what I need to get outta my head is that on my Busa,at the same RPM,I am just babying her.
Why is this so hard for me to swallow?I cant get outta my head that I am not killing my motor by revving her to 10K never mind full Red Line!

How do I fix this problem in my mind??
Practice practice practice
laugh.gif

Imagine riding one of the new 600's. 15,000+rpm redlines. F1 V8 motors are pushing 19,000+. Modern materials and designs are paving the way for even more.

+1 I came from standards and a couple of Harleys (I won't say "Hardley" since for every bike there's a purpose
smile.gif
). When I get to the little 4.5k vibration, I know I'm getting close to the speed limit and will keep it there. There are times though
biggrin.gif

Carl

my biggest problem going from a cruiser was not almost running into the back of people

Just keep twisting that throttle to the stop and hang on. When it Stutters? Shift.

Seriously, I know it sounds twisted but these little Japanese motors need some RPMs to stay healthy, and the rev limiter is there to make certain that we don't hurt anything.
thumbs-up.gif
Trust the engineers...

It was the same when I got the RX8 redline is at 9500 RPM. I found myself shifting closer to 6 or 7k RPMS. It was just habbit. But once you take it to the redline and you feel all the power that lives up there you'll be going back frequently enough. These small High horsepower engines are built to perform up high, it's what they are designed for.

SO SPIN THAT MUTHA up and Fear not... The computer will intervene before any damage is done.
thumbs-up.gif

thumbs-up.gif

Imagine riding one of the new 600's. 15,000+rpm redlines. F1 V8 motors are pushing 19,000+. Modern materials and designs are paving the way for even more.
Are you serious about the F1s? 19,000 rpm. Cool. Anymore info on these cars? Seems like everyone is running Honda engines.
... usually teams are using their own engine , Honda team using Honda engines , Mclaren-Mercedes team using Mercedes engine , BMW-Sauber team using BMW engines , Team Honda using Honda engines ... so on , but some small teams suppling engines from big brands like RedBull team , they are using Ferrari engines .

Easiest way to get over it is to just get out there and do it a couple of times. Go to a track and just have fun. Don't worry about your times or anything like that, just get out there and have some fun until you just can't stop smiling anymore. By that time you won't even be wondering about your rpm's unless it is that they are actually high and you know its your shift point.

Back