Teaching the GF to ride...

Slowstang305

Registered
Today is day 1 of her MSF course. Tomorrow they continue their riding. I asked her what she was having trouble with and she mentioned clutch control and hard turns. Figured what the heck and let her take the Stryker for a ride. She did very well no stalls etc. I explained to her how a clutch operates and she understood MUCH better. Very proud of her! They are using Honda 250's in the class while the Stryker is a 1300 but they are all tame in the lower range. I got her up to the top of 2nd gear but figured they will learn more about that tomorrow! She did tell me she wants a sportsbike though and not a cruiser....

Here is my big ass helmet on her head while she pretends to be a badass.
IMG_7447.jpeg

IMG_7443.jpeg

IMG_7440.jpeg

I humbly suggest a Ninja 300. Light, nimble, fuel injected and cheap. Good bike for a beginner's first season. We have one, it's been a learning platform for 3 rookies so far.
Oh, and they look sporty too.

They are a very nice little machine for sure. Does the US get the GSXR400?

It's better than the 250 because it's injected, but there's very little difference in power. It makes like 35 hp.....

I humbly suggest a Ninja 300. Light, nimble, fuel injected and cheap. Good bike for a beginner's first season. We have one, it's been a learning platform for 3 rookies so far.
Oh, and they look sporty too.

yeah first bike..300 Ninja would be perfect.Light and plenty of power for the beginner to learn on. Made my son do a year on a Hyosung GT250R before I let him go to the 650R Ninja , was glad I did the GT250R had plenty of power for him to learn . He was almost 6'1" at the time and 220 so sure your girl is smaller and would enjoy the Ninja 300.

Get her a Yamaha FZ6, ( pre FZ6R) great all around bike, upright riding position, light weight, and she wont outgrow it in 2 months

I think an SV650 would be a lot more fun than a Ninja 300 (and) she wouldn’t want to sell it in a few months. Tip overs would cost less too, much less.
More fun? Sure. Still think the 300 is a better first bike. Which is why we have one. But your point is valid.

Back