Comment made about my Busa

Busaman5000

Donating Member
Registered
I went to Chick-fil-a for lunch today and as I was getting back on my bike to head back to work a little girl and her mom walked out of the restaurant. The girl was probably no older than 5 or 6. As they were walking out the girl points at my bike and goes "look mommy!" to which the mom replied "yeah thats the kind of bike that causes accidents".
wtf.gif

Whats up with that? Im sure she is the perfect driver never talks on her cell phone or puts on her make-up while driving or has screaming kids while on the road. But its MY bike that causes accidents. Its not the Harley riders who drive from bar to bar and riding drunk. Its my bike that causes them. I mean whats up with that? I wanted to smack her. I bet if I asked she wouldnt even know what kind of bike my bike was. Only that its the "kind" that causes accidents. Not the cagers that pull out in front of me.

Whatever lady...
rant.gif

Whats up with that? Im sure she is the perfect driver never talks on her cell phone or puts on her make-up while driving or has screaming kids while on the road. But its MY bike that causes accidents. Its not the Harley riders who drive from bar to bar and riding drunk. Its my bike that causes them. I mean whats up with that? I wanted to smack her. I bet if I asked she wouldnt even know what kind of bike my bike was. Only that its the "kind" that causes accidents.

I absolutely hear you loud and clear, brother! That kind of ignorance just gets my blood boiling!
guns.gif

just let it roll off and into the gutter where it belongs...i only worry about the opinions of those i actually respect (and those are few and far between!)...really, why concern yourself about some off-hand remark by a prejudiced idiot?
beerchug.gif

just let it roll off and into the gutter where it belongs...i only worry about the opinions of those i actually respect (and those are few and far between!)...really, why concern yourself about some off-hand remark by a prejudiced idiot?
beerchug.gif
Yeah your right. I just realized to that I just put Harley riders in the drunk category. Which im sure probably isn't true. So I guess im guilty as well.
shutup.gif

rofl.gif
sorry

Should have stopped her and said oh yeah lady, Ignorance is not a Virtue

she mistook you for a 600cc Kawi with a 17 year old squid on board... but besides that, Gotta love people that build hate into little ones...

Dang I wasnt even there and I'm offended. Ignorance is not bliss its just retarded.

Stupid is as Stupid says. It's just a shame she's teaching that little girl to be prejudice and hatefull. What a role model!
guns.gif

ya should've looked at her and pointed at the kid and said,

" Hey baby, looks like we all have had an accident or two. I can guarantee I didn't cause that one, maybe a 12 pack did."
tounge.gif

ya should've looked at her and pointed at the kid and said,

" Hey baby, looks like we all have had an accident or two. I can guarantee I didn't cause that one, maybe a 12 pack did."
tounge.gif
Not cool to teach the kid rudeness and hate. If you want to make a point just ask the mom where whe gets her information from.

the proper response from you should have been:

"its ok little girl, your mommy still never got over the fact that her lesbian sister ran off with the only woman your mommy ever loved who rode these kind of bikes so she settled for your daddy who dresses in drag and is a motogp wannabe"

Or something to that affect

errr just a thought...

Telling her "its her opinion and not truth" would have been about the best thing to do. If she would have tried to engage in debate then you could politely educate her on how wrong she is. Yelling or acting foolish would only make you and other sportbike riders look worse.

With you saying nothing the child, the most influential mind there, if she even recalls this, will one day weigh her mothers opinion that sportbikes cause accidents or the people that control them (like with any other road vehicle or tool) cause them when foolish or by circumstances beyond their control. Hopefully she'll grow to be smarter then her mother.

When the little girl becomes a teenager and only wants to do what the Ps don't like, you'll find her on the back of some squid's bike giving them something to really worry about.
laugh.gif

Her statement is typical of our society as a whole. She sees 10 squids go by, all on one wheel. Here's stories of sportbikers getting in accidents, etc. and stereotypes all sportbikes as such. She doesn't remember passing the guy on a sportbike because he was doing the speed limit and she wasn't. She doesn't remember who sponsored the charity ride, just that it was for a good cause.

It's Americans' nature to remember the negative and not the positive. Like how most people hate Arabs or anyone that looks as though they could be Arab just because a few radicals went a little nutso(okay, alot nutso). Or how alot of people think that the Mexican standing in front of them at the Walmart checkout is probably illegal. When in all acuality, that person is a 4th generation American born citizen and has no idea how to say "hello" in spanish.

dunno.gif

Back