The DEFINITIVE ANSWER on K8, Genmar Riser and Helibar

I too did the handlebar option. What did you do with your windshield?

I looked at these too, but they were more than I could afford at the time. Got any more pictures, and where did you get them from? I'de like to switch to something like this eventually.

I helped a buddy of mine install those bars on his ZX-14. It turned out better than I had expected, but was not my style. That is why I went the Heli-bar/Genmar route instead.

Although, the ZX was very comfortable to ride, and you could rotate the bars back toward the rider as much as you preferred as long as you watch the contact with the tank.

I'm 6'4", my 09 Hayabusa is 100% stock. I am to make adjustments for comfort. To be clear, Genmar Riser and Helibars are two separate parts from different manufactures. The first does exactly what name suggests: it raises the factory handlebar setup. The second are new bars which terminate at a slightly higher, back and wider position than factory. Which would be better if someone wanted to only do one of these mods? thanks.

I'm 6'4", my 09 Hayabusa is 100% stock. I am to make adjustments for comfort. To be clear, Genmar Riser and Helibars are two separate parts from different manufactures. The first does exactly what name suggests: it raises the factory handlebar setup. The second are new bars which terminate at a slightly higher, back and wider position than factory. Which would be better if someone wanted to only do one of these mods? thanks.

If you only want to do one, go with the Heli-bars. They change the angle of the bars too, as opposed to just raising them up. The risers and bars together really do work great though. I've tried them seperate, but I really prefer them combined.

If you only want to do one, go with the Heli-bars. They change the angle of the bars too, as opposed to just raising them up. The risers and bars together really do work great though. I've tried them seperate, but I really prefer them combined.

+1:beerchug:

Just got back from an hour commute around town in traffic.

The Heli/Genmar combo makes the bike bearable in stop-go traffic.

:beerchug:

After having this mod for about 2 years, I beleive the need for them has decreased, as my arms have strengthened/adjusted somewhat to the ride. I have a Gixxer 1k stock that I could not ride for a half-hour when I first got it, I can now ride about 2 hours before it becomes really uncomfortable. But I am still glad I did this mod; without it I might have gotten disenchanted and lost interest.

Hello Brothers :usa: :usa:
I have the Buell footpegs and the Helibars for my 09 stock GSX1300R ordered, set to arrive 12/21. I'm looking forward to the comfort benefits from these two small changes. Larger windshield is next, once I find a good one that will fit properly. anyone?
I hope this post makes it to this discussion, as some of mine (for unknown reasons):brave: don’t make it or are censored.
Because I'm 6'4" and old, this string has proven very helpful. Thanks to all on this string.
:usa: :usa:

P1000726.jpg

test rode my 09 today for first time with Helibars/Buell peg combination. because I'm 6'4" 245lbs and handsome the factory riding position was a bit too much. No regrets at all, much better overall, still need to lower shift lever. Not sure what will be best replacement shield, but that is next. Big step in right direction. this string has been helpful, thx. Joe
*pic = stock vs. helibar

P1000746.jpg

helibar is the best mod i have done on my bike

I did this on my 08 right after I got it in late 07. I also got the Tobin seat and the buell pegs. It is still hard for me to ride a very long distance. I put a triple tree on mine to drop the front end. My reservoirs do touch at the lock position but I have not had any trouble with it so far. I have been wondering if I could put the 3/4 plate under it without it looking funny. Where can I get the plate? I think I will try it and see what happens

I just have a Suzuki Touring Screen on mine, helped enough.

mr8ball, just google GENMAR RISER

Lot's of great information. Can someone recommend the name of a vendor who sells both the Helibars an dthe Genmar risers? I've done a search and their are a ton of places to buy them from. I want to know the name of a reputable source, preferably a site sponsor. Many Thanks!!

Jim

Lot's of great information. Can someone recommend the name of a vendor who sells both the Helibars an dthe Genmar risers? I've done a search and their are a ton of places to buy them from. I want to know the name of a reputable source, preferably a site sponsor. Many Thanks!!

Jim

I bought mine from different places, but if it were me, I'd PM Honda East Justin FIRST....

Back