Helibars with risers, like SOUPY'S? Anyone?

efiguero

Registered
Is it possible to add risers along with Helibars? I currently have helibars, and I love them, but would like a little more comfort. So was wondering if it is possible to add risers with helibars installed? Anyone know or tried this?

The bars will hit the fairing near the windshield.

Some of the wiring, hoses and cables may not be long enough.

I have a 1 1/4 inch riser and it is very close to the fairing in the windshield area.

The highest you can go on a Gen II is 3/4 inch (.75) Genmar riser with the Heli-bars. There is a post on here where it was confirmed by multiple members that this will just barely miss the windshield.

Anything higher than 3/4 Genmar + Heli-bars will cause you problems.

The bars will hit the fairing near the windshield.

Some of the wiring, hoses and cables may not be long enough.

I have a 1 1/4 inch riser and it is very close to the fairing in the windshield area.

What he said! Been there done that!

I have fitted the 3/4" Helibars with no problems on my Gen2 and my 3/4" Genmar risers are on the way. I would deffo go for this combination ad it not only brings the bars up and towards you they are also increase the width slightly.

I have 1.25" spacers, they were 1.5", but had to be cut down because the bars hit the inside of the windsheild. My dad made them, but they are available for around $20 and the kits come with the longer bolts needed. I just ordered helibars a couple days ago and am going to cut the spacers down to .75"
The combination of the two really helps with strain on the wrists and back and is well worth the money. The heli bars were $208 shipped.
My Corbin seat was a night and day difference too. It's a little wider and flatter, and after a few months of break in time, made a huge difference in riding comfort. Not only for my ass:laugh: but the change in seating position really helps along with the bars. Some folks like New Image seats or the gel(had it, didn't like it), either way, try a different seat too.

043.jpg

044.jpg

Last edited:
I've got soupys one inch risers and helibars on my 09. No need for lines but I had to trim a little off my windscreen on the clutch side. On full lock the high beam pass switch would hit the windscreen.

Last edited:
I've got soupys one inch risers and helibars on my 09. No need for lines but I had to trim a little off my windscreen on the clutch side. On full lock the high beam pass switch would hit the windscreen.

I couldn't go full lock to lock with the same bike and setup. I didn't hit the windscreen but hit the dash. Throttle cable was pretty tight on that setup and yes I did raise the tank and try to reroute a few things.

I wish Soupy's offered a 3/4 inch riser, they only have 1 inch, is a lot cheaper than the Genmar. Oh well decisions. Also, did you guys have to do anything with the kickstand? Soupy's site says that after installation you will need to modify your kickstand, or something like that. Also on Genmars site, it says something about moving the choke cable, anyone elaborate on this?

Kickstand? I have no idea why, but the kickstand mod is something good to do anyway. Search for it, it's grinding/cutting a small groove in the kickstand so it swings forward just a little more. Keeps it from folding forward and the bike falling over, Busa's are bad for it.

Back