HeliBars installed last night...

GsxrBots

Motorboatin' Moonpies, Gangnam Style
Registered
Okay, installed HeliBars last night on my '08. When I turn the bars fully to the left, the kill switch housing just touches the upper fairing. Anyone else have this problem? I'm finding it hard to believe that people are using the GenMar risers and the Helibars if I'm rubbing with just the helibars..
Anyone else out there have this?

Thanks in advance!

Thanks skydivr, but by reservoir isn't hitting anything. The kill switch assembly is hitting the black plastic that covers up the fairing stay on the inside of the windshield. (if I'm wording that right....)
???

Take a pic. I didn't have that issue. You may need to rotate the helibars back down a little and the controls also....

Something must have went wrong with the installation.Follow by word the instructions included.Are you sure they're for gen II ? Gen I's are slightly different.I have them on my gen II without such an issue.Also check if your fairing frame is completely straight(not bented) Controls have a specific position where they can be tightened (a small hole on each grip where a tooth of the controls must be aligned...Otherwise these teeth will be bent if you'll tighten them at a wrong position)???

Last edited:
I'm at work kiddos, no pics right now.... As far as installing them, I know they are in the pin holes, and obviously the right one is on the right side, and vise versa. I'll get some pics up tonight I hope...

As mentioned above, I have always heard that rotating them backwards (toward the rider) gives you a bit more room under the windshield.

Keep us posted and what you come up with for a fix action.

No issues with my inch risers win heli bars. Like the guys munitioned above. Rotate the bars towards the rider. I had to shave the windscreen on the clutch side.

I have the heli bars on mine and it does touch when turned in the lock position. No biggie for me. I have had mine on since I got the bike in 07 and love em.

I figured it out guys! I did have it rotated too far forward. I guess I assumed with the groove in there that there wouldn't be that much play in the bars! With them rotated all the way back (toward the tank) there are NO issues at all!
Thanks for all the help, glad you talked me into looking at them again!
:beerchug:

I was wondering if you could rotate them toward the rider. The instructions made it sound like the groove put them in a specific location. Can you post any pics of them on ? I want to get some in the future, but I want them more for bringing the bars back than up.

I was wondering if you could rotate them toward the rider. The instructions made it sound like the groove put them in a specific location. Can you post any pics of them on ? I want to get some in the future, but I want them more for bringing the bars back than up.

for pics check out my thread linked above.

I found that riding with them for the first year or so really helped with the fatigue, but then my body adjusted and I've ridden another GENII stock bars all day without bothering me too much. It's when you are slabbing it that they hurt the worst....

This is a mod I need to try. Where's the best place to buy the Genmar and Helibars?

I bought my Helibars from ebay seller naefcycle. They shipped rediculously fast, and the seem to be legit! I looked around, and they all seem to be the same basic price everywhere. I didn't do the GenMars since I don't care for how they look, but we'll see how the Helibars work out and go from there.
Super easy install, looks factory! :thumbsup:

Back