Helibars or Genmar risers

OB_Xcaliber

Registered
I just purchased a Busa and I was wondering if anyone has installed Helibars or Genmar risers. I have used Helibars on my Duc before with good luck. Comments on either would be appreciated. The Helibars claim that they install with no mods and seem to raise the bar more. The caveat is that they can bend with bar tie downs I am told. The Genmar adds 3/4 of inch but does that make a difference comfort wise?

I just installed Heli's on my 00 Busa which I've had for 2 weeks now. Huge difference in comfort. I prefer these over the Gen Mar risers since the difference in clip-on angle is what makes it ideal for me. Gen Mar would simply keep the stock angle and raise the stock bars.

Someone on the board said they used both Heli's and the Gen Mar risers together. If bar angle is potentially a problem, try the Heli's first. If you do need them even higher, get the Gen Mar risers.

Bending the Heli's...I don't see it as a "normal" risk...unless you crank down on your front tie downs as if to blow the fork seals out. I had Heli's on my YZF1000 Thunderace and they're the same style. I had that bike tied down on trailers, dyno's and in trucks many times and they were no worse for wear.

Back