The Burka yes or no.

I brought this topic up in a different thread... Personally in the US if you want to drive a car then you have to get your photo on the license so you can be identified. If you dont want to remove your Burka then you don't drive. If you are asked in public to remove it then there should be accomodations for that too..

There is a lot of beauty underneath the religious shielding of the vast majority of those wearing burka's.
burka.jpg

Should we be so ignorant to believe that just because someone shows his or her identification that their undetected psychotic schizophrenic ways?

Oh,, I'm sorry, that is a vague as a veil.

A young Arab asks his father:

- What is this weird hat that we are wearing ?

It's a "chechia" because in the desert it protects our heads from the sun !

- And what is this type of clothing that we are wearing ?

It's a "djbellah" because in the desert it is very hot and it protects your body !

- And what are these ugly shoes that we have on our feet ?

These are "babouches", which keep us from burning our feet when in the desert !

Tell me, papa...

Yes, my son?

Why are we living in Dearborn , Michigan and still wearing all this ****?

lol...love the joke. I think it has become more of an excuse then a religious practice. Why should we make all these concessions for people?

i....here in the middle of Wyoming....don't see how any are being given any concessions.
they have to pay in the food court just like everyone else.

and as far as wearin a burka, well in some places rules are rules. you cant wear a mask into a bank, or courthouse.
i guess i really don't know how offensaive it may be to a burka wearer, as i know nothing of thier religon.
but i do see im some cases where it might be a saftey issue.
but i don't know how that would or would not violate an americans right to practice a religon.
:drink::beerchug:

i....here in the middle of Wyoming....don't see how any are being given any concessions.
they have to pay in the food court just like everyone else.

and as far as wearin a burka, well in some places rules are rules. you cant wear a mask into a bank, or courthouse.
i guess i really don't know how offensaive it may be to a burka wearer, as i know nothing of thier religon.
but i do see im some cases where it might be a saftey issue.
but i don't know how that would or would not violate an americans right to practice a religon.
:drink::beerchug:

The wearing of a burka is not religious it is cultural, religion has nothing to do with having to wear it.

The wearing of a burka is not religious it is cultural, religion has nothing to do with having to wear it.

In my last post regarding this, I said the same thing but, it didn't really come out the way I meant for it to come out. Let me clarify a little bit about this.

Covering of the hair and body is no doubt a religious practice. As far as covering of the face goes, no matter where I go, this seems to be a debatable topic among Muslims. Some places you will find the majority of women there wearing it, some places you will find no one wearing it, which is why I stated it was 'cultural' (probably not the right wording). Although I think people have the choice whether they feel it is their religious duty or not to wear one, I think they should put more thought into what they plan on doing in their daily lives. As far as driving goes, working or even taking photos for their license and what not. If they feel these things are conflicting with their veils then they should simply stick to covering their hair using what we call a hijab. If they 'downgrade' to a hijab, they would still be following Islamic practices.

Last edited:
how about this, don't tell them they can't wear it, just refuse service in certain places, ie, bank, courthouse, dmv, airport, etc. the safety of all overrides them wanting to play dress up and wear a damn sheet. :laugh:

I personally don't agree with the wearing of the veil. In the western world we work and rely on facial expression to get things across, if the face is covered how can we truly tell the reaction of the other person, I can't wear a helmet into a bank or other public place due to making others uncomfortable so why should the veil be allowed if it really is only a cultural one.

I personally don't agree with the wearing of the veil. In the western world we work and rely on facial expression to get things across, if the face is covered how can we truly tell the reaction of the other person, I can't wear a helmet into a bank or other public place due to making others uncomfortable so why should the veil be allowed if it really is only a cultural one.

I always go into the lobby to use ATM when im out riding and need cash, more than once Ive forgotten I had my helmet and mirrored visor on, people freaked as a scrambed to take it off:laugh:

Back