drunk dallas fem leo shooting incident

craigntx

Registered
special handling backfires
http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local-bea...-96623064.html

Quote:
Dallas police say an intoxicated, off-duty officer discharged her weapon in a squad car while fellow officers were trying to take her home.

Officer Kelly Beemer was released from jail Thursday night after posting bond. She is charged with one count of discharging a firearm in a municipality.

Police said Beemer, a 27-year-old patrol officer, was at a Dallas bar Wednesday night while off-duty and was too drunk to drive. Two on-duty officers came to pick her up.

Investigators said Beemer got belligerent as officers were driving her to her east Dallas home.

On Thursday, Dallas police released dashcam footage of the incident.

"This is what you've wanted," she can be heard saying on a dashboard camera video.

"To take you home?" one of the two other officers asks.

"To drive me out of my mind to where I have no [expletive] control, no control whatsoever. Isn't this what you wanted?" she can be heard saying.

Police said Beemer thought she was being taken to jail. She pulled out her police-issued handgun and fired a single shot in the floorboard near the intersection of Gaston Avenue and Abrams Road, police said.

An officer can be heard on the dashcam footage yelling, "Kelly, drop the gun! Drop the gun! Drop it! Drop it!"

Police Chief David Brown said he is extremely disappointed by her actions, calling them "recklessâ€￾ and “unacceptable."

No one was hurt, but police said Beemer's actions have the potential to shake public confidence in the department.

“Officer Beemer's conduct is a disgrace to herself and the people trying to help her,â€￾ First Assistant Chief Charles Cato said.

Police said they released the footage from the dashboard camera so the department cannot be accused of trying to cover the incident up.

Beemer has been placed on administrative leave pending the outcome of an internal investigation. The other two officers involved have been put on restricted duty.

Not sure why this thread has a smiliey face attached. This isn't funny. It's quite sad actually.

Man she sounds like a real piece of work. Wonder what would have happened if that wasn't a cop firing a gun in a squad car. My guess is she would be dead.

Last edited:
Been pretty tore up drunk before (Army days :D ), never once even THOUGHT about hurting anyone else or using a weapon on anyone. Alcohol takes away the inhibition: so that means she already HAS problems if she pulled out a weapon and fired it like that at other officers. They need to relieve her of duty (permanently), and make her do some counseling.

Exactly, why the hell would you let her keep her gun. Lucky she shot down and not at one of them. Also agree with previous post, that if she was behaving like that, she had problems before, and alcohol does not solve anything. I don't feel sorry for her, nobody told her to go get wasted.:rulez:

why are the other 2 on restricted duty?

I might end up going against the grain on this one but...

I think they shoulda removed her firearm when they new she was drunk..or when she fired it, and took her ass home. NOT display her for the world to see like some political play. Hammer her but internally and keep it internal.

Take care of your own. Maybe that's just the Marine talking...

I'm guessing they didnt know she had a gun in an ankle holster? Tho the "boyfriend" maybe did. She should definetly be kicked off the police force never to return. I also dont see why the 2 other cops should be in any trouble, they were just trying to help her out. I find it odd in the moments leading up to her shooting that we dont hear anything from the boyfriend. I mean, I'd be trying to calm her, and telling her we're taking her home. Dunno, just seems weird.

Isnt it illegal for a police officer to be in posession of a firearm on their person when they are under the influence. I believe an individual with a concealed carry permit can have charges brought upon them if they are in posession of a firearm while under the influence. This is a sad story and I agree with everyone who stated the officer should have taken her weapon from her before putting her in the car.

I dont get it. Those dumbass's knew she was that drunk and let her keep her firearm!?!
i saw on the tube the gun was a backup piece in an ankle holster.
they oviously didn't search miss priss

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Not sure why this thread has a smiliey face attached.
among other reasons i think it's funny the way she was blabbering:laugh:

this link work?
The Case of the Drunk Police Officer, the Ankle Holster and the Errant Shot in a Patrol Car - Dallas News - Unfair Park

This woman is not a good example of female police officers. Most are squared away. The only problem I have with many of them is their sense of entitlement. Being in a male dominated atmosphere leads them to believe they should be handed everything on a silver platter. It creates a lot of animosity amongst the male officers.

Back