drunk dallas fem leo shooting incident

This woman is not a good example of female police officers. Most are squared away. The only problem I have with many of them is their sense of entitlement. Being in a male dominated atmosphere leads them to believe they should be handed everything on a silver platter. It creates a lot of animosity amongst the male officers.

I'm not terribly fond of generalizations, but I'll bite.

You have to also consider that in a male dominated field, most women have to fight harder, both physically and mentally to be successful. The added stress of male chauvenist superiors and sexual harrassment is not a position that lends itself to silver platters.

I'm sure there are some females that use their gender to their advantage, and to some degree, I would assume this is a way to level the playing field. However, a good cop is a good cop and if these extraneous factors are considered before actual job performance, then I have a problem with that, male or female.

The problem I have is she was breaking the law and they were just gonna take her home . If it was me that was that drunk in public it would have been a night in the drunk tank .
Posted via Mobile Device

I'm not terribly fond of generalizations, but I'll bite.

You have to also consider that in a male dominated field, most women have to fight harder, both physically and mentally to be successful. The added stress of male chauvenist superiors and sexual harrassment is not a position that lends itself to silver platters.

I'm sure there are some females that use their gender to their advantage, and to some degree, I would assume this is a way to level the playing field. However, a good cop is a good cop and if these extraneous factors are considered before actual job performance, then I have a problem with that, male or female.

You are correct. I failed to clarify what I was saying. Many female officers do have to fight harder, both physically and mentally and they make great, well respected officers. However, many others ride their gender for all its worth and it creates a lot of animosity with their coworkers. Those are the ones not very well respected in my profession. I've been a civilian officer for nearly 16 years and a military policeman for 7 prior to that and it's been the same no matter were I've gone.

The problem I have is she was breaking the law and they were just gonna take her home . If it was me that was that drunk in public it would have been a night in the drunk tank .
Posted via Mobile Device

Do you not get perks at your job? Perhaps an employee discount? Just sayin...

why are the other 2 on restricted duty?

I might end up going against the grain on this one but...

I think they shoulda removed her firearm when they new she was drunk..or when she fired it, and took her ass home. NOT display her for the world to see like some political play. Hammer her but internally and keep it internal.

Take care of your own. Maybe that's just the Marine talking...

Werd...

Posted via Mobile Device

Probably not, most cops tend to pawn you off to your local friendly ER to make you some poor nurses problem....

Do you not get perks at your job? Perhaps an employee discount? Just sayin...

+1

+1

Back