Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Native American Descent

Votes: 5 4.7%
  • Too diluted for a single definitive descent

Votes: 9 8.4%

• Total voters
busakidaz; said:
south pac ... not it???

Didn't the islanders aggresively conquor and destroy whomever was there previously? I don't know a lot about them but I heard they wiped out the natives entirely. Where are they from originally?

Well let's see, I'm
from South Africa,
Living in Texas,
Dad's side are German who were living in Russia,
Mom's side are from Scotland.

My son is even better, throw in the above plus my Greek MIL & English FIL, would make him a white, African-American with German/Scottish/Greek/English origins!

Wow...it turned out to be I'm the only Indian (Asian) guy here :cheerleader:

I'm born and brought up there, but since last 6 years I'm in US...First in Atlanta, then in Jax - FL, then Lakeland - FL and now in Albany - NY. Next? Donno yet :)

I'm of Suzuki descent? Always liked them but I did cross the fence for a Kawi in the past. :laugh:
I'm first Gen American :thumbsup:

"Race is therefore an unscientific social construct"

I didn't want this to get philosophical but I must challenge that.

There doesn't need to be a big difference in a tribe in order for it to be classified differently from the next, there just needs to be a difference.

There are vast differences between different ethnicities. But I do agree it's not like one species of animal to another, or even as different as one canine breed to the next, though it is similar.

The argument that difference in human tribes is so small that it becomes is obsolete is futile because the differences are huge!

"race is employed to attribute not only physical characteristics but also psychological and moral ones"

The fact that all of humanity is concious, iterates the logical fact that all of humanity has the potential to be psychologically identical if society was fair.

However! If physical differences in tribes are so vast and no one can deny this, then race/ethnicity/tribe actually is scientific fact.

Last edited:
English/Scottish. The funeral procession of my ancestor Sir Philip Sidney.

sir_philip_6 (Small).jpg

Back