Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Native American Descent

Votes: 5 4.7%
  • Too diluted for a single definitive descent

Votes: 9 8.4%

• Total voters

surt

Registered
I think the last one was a little vague, and also wasn't ethnicity but rather based on actual colour.

So here's a more detailed one based more on the comments the previous poll received.

I've probably missed out a smaller group or two but there are only 10 poll options.

Poll options listed heading Eastward from GMT 0. I thought that was fair...and I'm Anglo descent - Half English, half Australian :)

Last edited:
Fathers side: Portuguese/African and Sicilian (from Brasil)
Moms side: Solid Ruski. (White Russian, not a red commie bastard!LOL):poke:

My wife is Oriental Asian Descent.
And I American.

What follows in quotes is a cut and paste from;

The Medicalization of Race: Scientific Legitimization of a Flawed Social Construct

"The term race, as applied to human types, is vague. It can have a biological significance only when a race represents a uniform, closely inbred group, in which all family lines are alike—as in pure breeds of domesticated animals. These conditions are never realized in human types and impossible in large populations [8]. As a folk concept, race is employed to attribute not only physical characteristics but also psychological and moral ones to members of given categories, thus justifying or naturalizing a discriminatory system [9].

Race is therefore an unscientific social construct; that is, the concept of race is created from prevailing social perceptions and is without scientific foundation. The last definition given alludes to the destructive idea of race, which has fueled racist and eugenic movements with allegedly scientific claims of racial superiority and inferiority."

:laugh::beerchug:

cheers
ken

Back