The best wax out there?

There is a product called dri wash, its a no water wash. Its an amazing but expensive product. Ive used it on the jet i used to detail. This stuff takes bugs off with very minimal effort. It has waxes and everything else in it.
Dri Wash 'n Guard Waterless Car Wash :: 32oz DRI WASH \'n GUARD Classic Waterless Car Wash

32oz_Classic.gif

zaino...used it on the challlenger...the old busa, the new busa...the REALLY old harley...Anybody ever claybar their ride before waxing?

i have a kit with the clay bar, but i have never used it, does it work??? or are you asking if it works also?

I use Meguiar's NXT 2.0 works good for me

I use Meguiar's NXT 2.0 works good for me

Best thing about the NXT wax is how easily the bike cleans up after a ride, it prevents the bugs & dirt from sticking to the surface. After each ride I take a wet terrycloth towel and wipe the bugs right off.

Not to thread jack but, hey sleeper, what kind of chain lube do you use? With all the miles you put on your bike, I can't believe the 'new look' you're able to maintain on your drive assembly. Very good!! :thumbsup: :beerchug:

Here it is. The one in the blue can. "THE BEST"!!!

Meguiar's NXT 2.0 works really well. Quick and easy apply/remove polymer, leaves a nice wet look.

I also like Zaino, leaves a nice rich deep shine.

Zaino Store

:beerchug:

Same here...Zaino RULES (and I've tried a million) but it's a pain in the :moon:
to order. The Meguires NXT is Real Close and they sell it at wally world...

The good thing I noticed about Zaino is that you can re-polish the bike a few times, long after the actual polishing was done - just go over the bike with a polishing cloth, and she shines again. Bugs stick less too.

I detailed and owned a detailing biz here in Florida for many yrs.

For a new to newer bike no matter the brand do not use 'cleaner wax'.
These will have fine particles in them such as silicates which will scratch your paint.
A nice carnauba or polymer that is silicate free will work fine.

I used Meguiars for many yrs.
On high end cars and planes we used to use a product called Zymol.
Its a german polish that works, expensive but it works great.
zymol_titanium_estate_glaze.jpg

For Blanca I have been using a simple quality wax from Meguiars but last week I found an old can of Pledge and decided to give Sleepr_reds method a try.
More than a week later , after approx 500 miles the bike is still slippery smooth, still has a scent of Orange :laugh: and feels very protected. By that I mean the paint feels 'round' and not flat. You can still 'feel' the polish on it doing its job.
Some waxses,cleaners or others will wear right off quick.
A week later or so dragging fingers across results in squeeking and not a butter smooth glide.
They also have a very flat feel to them when its gone.

And yes Tufbusa I know its flammable but I am not spraying it on the bike in large liquid quantities and starting it up nor am I lighting anything near it so I really dont see the concern of using flammable polish ?
Unless I am missing your point ?

zymol_titanium_estate_glaze.jpg

And yes Tufbusa I know its flammable but I am not spraying it on the bike in large liquid quantities and starting it up nor am I lighting anything near it so I really dont see the concern of using flammable polish ?
Unless I am missing your point ?

You just have to be careful when engaging the flux capacitor...:laugh:

I've tried Zymol but not the titanium stuff...looks interesting.

Don't know where the titanium comes in .
It's been many yrs since I detailed anything other my own stuff and I got lazy by not finding a proper pic of standard Zymol.
The stuff above may just be the newer version or something , I'm not sure ?

Another vote for Meguires NXT. This shot was taken about 1000 miles into a road trip to Deals Gap.

013.jpg

Last edited:
Once a year the bike gets a good coat of Zaino, then it is spot cleaned with Pledge. If required after a rain storm or if the bike gets really dirty for some reason, I will wash with water and mild soap.

Back